Something for you?
- You will develop governance strategies for climate proofing cities and for reducing urban carbon emissions.
- You will develop strategies for flood risk management in delta areas.
- You are trained to think outside given boxes, by combining well-established core courses with electives.
- Small, almost 'family-like' department that covers a broad range of topics with a strong track record in related research.
Do you want to know if you can be admitted? Read more about the admission requirements of this programme.Admission and application
If you have determined that you can be admitted with your previous education, you can apply via Studielink.Apply now
What will you learn
The Master's specialisation in Cities, Water and Climate Change discusses the relationship between city planning and development, climate mitigation and adaptation. Cities, because of high levels of energy consumption and mobility, are the main contributors to climate change. At the same time, cities, because of their population density, are most vulnerable to the impacts of climate change. This Master's specialisation prepares students for working on the nexus between urban planning, water and environmental management.Curriculum and courses
Future career opportunities
You will develop a deep understanding of the governance of water and climate issues in urban areas, which makes you well suited for a job position such as:
- Policy advisor at a water authority
- Consultant on climate proofing cities
- Policy maker for spatial adaptation at a province or municipality
To indicate the type of research in this specialisation, a few examples:
- How can city planners contribute to a reduction of CO2 emissions?
- How can cities adapt to the consequences of climate change?
- Which infrastructure is needed to protect delta areas?
- What is the potential of ecosystem engineering ('building with nature')?
- Main language
- Study duration
- 1 years (60 EC)
- Starting months
- Contact hours
- Programme format
- Dual, Full time
- Master of Science
Nijmegen School of Management
- CROHO code
Questions about this programme?
Do you have a question about this programme? We're happy to help. Please contact us, ask a student or check out our information activities.Contact
Tuitions & grants
If you are going to follow this master's programme, you will pay an annual tuition fee. There are different tuition rates. The amount depends on your personal situation.Tuition