Something for you?
- Our emphasis on both theory and empirical knowledge provides the tools to critically analyse contemporary problems facing democracies.
- Staff members are actively involved in advising governments, societal and political organisations, incorporating practical experience and insights into their teaching.
- The Comparative Politics Master’s will provide new insights into configurations of political power around the world.
- The programme is best in its field and holds the bronze medal according to Elsevier's Best Studies 2022.
- The programme has been rated the best in the field by students (Source: Elsevier).
Do you want to know if you can be admitted? Read more about the admission requirements of this programme.Admission and application
What will you learn
The specialisation provides students with strong theoretical foundations and substantive empirical knowledge in subjects such as representative and deliberative democracy, political parties, democratic reform, the welfare state, gender, and immigration policy. Our emphasis on both theory and empirical knowledge will also train you to assess the effects of proposed policy solutions. You will be prepared for a career in leading positions in both the public and private sector.Curriculum and courses
Future career opportunities
Our graduates have the skills and knowledge for positions in:
- Policymaking, for example in international organisations or political parties
- Project management in the public and private sector
- Consultancy for profit and non-profit organisations
- Researcher at a think tank or university
To indicate the type of research in this specialisation, a few examples:
- How populist are people? How can you measure populist attitudes among voters?
- What is the relationship between populism and foreign policy?
- Is there a single European immigration policy?
- Main language
- Study duration
- 1 years (60 EC)
- Starting months
- Contact hours
- Programme format
- Full time
- Master of Science
Nijmegen School of Management
- CROHO code
Questions about this programme?
Do you have a question about this programme? We're happy to help. Please contact us, ask a student or check out our information activities.Contact
Tuitions & grants
If you are going to follow this master's programme, you will pay an annual tuition fee. There are different tuition rates. The amount depends on your personal situation.Tuition