Something for you?
- This specialisation combines insights from international relations, comparative politics, conflict studies and international ethics
- We offer small, interactive classes. Students are taken seriously as young academics and reflective practitioners.
- Our programme is analytical as well as practice-oriented.
Do you want to know if you can be admitted? Read more about the admission requirements of this programme.Admission and application
What will you learn
This Master's specialisation offers students insights into the origins, causes, and processes of conflict and conflict resolution. Recognising that contemporary conflicts cannot be understood without taking both domestic and international politics into account, the programme draws on comparative politics, international relations and conflict studies. Students will critically explore themes such as the determinants of political violence and warfare; the impact of political systems on the ways in which political demands are articulated; the links between ethnic violence, nationalism and war; how international regulations affect efforts to acquire peace; and which ethical dilemmas arise in such situations.Curriculum and courses
Future career opportunities
Our graduates have all the necessary skills for job positions such as:
- (Inter)national policy or decision maker
- Researcher at a think thank or university
- Consultants for profit or non-profit organisations
To indicate the type of research in this specialisation, a few examples:
- What is the role of international organisations in humanitarian intervention and peacebuilding?
- How do changes in political representation contribution to the (de)escalation of (potential conflicts)?
- How do major global power transformations affect the likelihood of local conflict?
- What is the role of social and political movements in mobilising conflict?
- Main language
- Study duration
- 1 years (60 EC)
- Starting months
- Contact hours
- Programme format
- Full time
- Master of Science
Nijmegen School of Management
- CROHO code
Questions about this programme?
Do you have a question about this programme? We're happy to help. Please contact us, ask a student or check out our information activities.Contact
Tuitions & grants
If you are going to follow this master's programme, you will pay an annual tuition fee. There are different tuition rates. The amount depends on your personal situation.Tuition