After your studies
After graduation, our students quickly take up positions as researchers in universities, research institutes, government departments or companies. And – often after obtaining their PhD degree – they also apply their academic background to societal issues, for example as a communications or policy officer.
- Researcher at a university or research institute
- Policy officer
- Consultant at a governmental organisation, like a water board, municipality or ministry
- Researcher in a company, either a large or a start-up company such as B-Ware
- Consultant at a consulting firm
- Researcher at a governmental institute or an NGO (think of nature monitoring and recovering organisations)
- Communications officer at a nature organisation
- Teacher in biology (College or secondary education level)
From the graduates of the Master’s programme in Biology, 50% found a job within their field. The gross starting salary based on 37 hours a week is €2,800. (Source: Studiekeuze123)
PhD positions at Radboud University
Every year, Radboud University offers about 5 to 10 PhD positions in this field of research. Of course, many graduates also apply for a PhD position at related departments in the Netherlands, or abroad.
Put your studies to work!
To prepare you for finding a job, Radboud University offers various forms of job market orientation, so that you can prepare for your future during your studies. Career Service Science assists students and young alumni with their journey into the job market. You can contact them for help with job orientation, application tips, and information about internships and vacancies. Furthermore, students organise the BBB Career Event each year, the ideal place for students and employers to meet.
Why stop learning after graduation?
Do you want to keep pace with the rapid progress in our current society after your studies? Then a post-master might be something for you. The Radboud Academy offers many opportunities for lifelong development.
Or do you want to learn to translate your academic skills into an actual job? Then you can participate in our Young Professional Programme after your Master's (in Dutch).