Something for you?
- This Master's prepares you as a full-fledged academic in this field and as such is unique in the Netherlands.
- Although the foundation of this specialisation is geographical, our approach to this theme is highly multidisciplinary to include related fields.
- You will conduct your Master’s thesis research in the framework of a research internship at an organisation active in a field related to tourism.
Do you want to know if you can be admitted? Read more about the admission requirements of this programme.Admission and application
If you have determined that you can be admitted with your previous education, you can apply via Studielink.Apply now
What will you learn
In this Master's specialisation, you will explore the meaning of places in a highly mobile global society. In this society, people develop and cherish feelings of attachment and belonging not just with the places where they live and work, but also increasingly with the places they visit as a traveller and tourist. You will investigate the sociospatial consequences for these places and for the people who inhabit and visit them. This specialisation is offered in cooperation with Wageningen University.Curriculum and courses
Future career opportunities
Our graduates are prepared for a career in a dynamic and international field, such as:
- Landscape or city planner at a government agency
- Region or city branding and marketing
- Managing sustainable tourism
- Consultant at a development agency
- Researcher at a research institute
To indicate the type of research in this specialisation, a few examples:
- What are the economic effects of large events (e.g. four day march in Nijmegen)?
- How sustainable are 'sustainable' forms of tourism?
- What is the role of social media in the development of tourism?
- What is the relationship between tourists and indigenous people?
- Main language
- Study duration
- 1 years (60 EC)
- Starting months
- Contact hours
- Programme format
- Dual, Full time
- Master of Science
Nijmegen School of Management
- CROHO code
Questions about this programme?
Do you have a question about this programme? We're happy to help. Please contact us, ask a student or check out our information activities.Contact
Tuitions & grants
If you are going to follow this master's programme, you will pay an annual tuition fee. There are different tuition rates. The amount depends on your personal situation.Tuition