Something for you?
- Be taught by many of the best cyber security experts in the world.
- Our curriculum is unique its broad scope, ranging from hardware security to security of AI.
- Internationally, we’re leading the cryptographic algorithm design, with our designs being selected as NIST standards or competing as finalists in ongoing NIST competitions.
- Education is closely connected to research at the Privacy & Identity Lab, where privacy and identity are researched from legal, technical, and social perspectives.
Do you want to know if you can be admitted? Read more about the admission requirements of this programme.Admission and application
If you have determined that you can be admitted with your previous education, you can apply via Studielink.Apply now
- Main language
- English (100%)
- Study duration
- 2 years (120 EC)
- Starting months
- Contact hours
- Programme format
- Full time
- Master of Science, specialisation of Computing Science
- Faculty of Science
- CROHO code
What will you learn
The Master’s specialisation in Cyber Security will teach you how to contribute in the design of new security systems. You’ll be able to draw up the security requirements of an application and discover where possible weaknesses lie. Main focus lies on topics as cryptographic codes, operating systems and protocol verification. But you will also get a broad scope of cyber security to include mathematical, organisational, legal and ethical aspects, with particular attention for privacy issues.Study programme
Future career opportunities
After completing the Master’s, you will have an in-depth knowledge of cyber security and be familiar with its theoretical, technical, managerial, legal and ethical aspects. Cyber security experts are in high demand, so you should have no problems finding a job as consultant, manager or researcher after graduating.Career prospects
Questions about this programme?
Do you have a question about this programme? We're happy to help. Please contact us, ask a student or check out our information activities.Contact
Tuitions & grants
If you are going to follow this Master's programme, you will pay an annual tuition fee. There are different tuition rates. The amount depends on your personal situation.Tuition