Something for you?
- Our Institute for Computing and Information Sciences (iCIS) has a strong international reputation machine learning, probabilistic modelling, recommender systems and information retrieval.
- iCIS is leading in research on legal and privacy aspects of data science and on the impact of data science on society and policy.
- Our approach is pragmatic, yet grounded in theory.
- You can take related courses at departments like language studies, artificial intelligence, chemistry, or biophysics.
- Exceptional students have the opportunity to study for a double Master's programme in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science.
Do you want to know if you can be admitted? Read more about the admission requirements of this programme.Admission and application
If you have determined that you can be admitted with your previous education, you can apply via Studielink.Apply now
- Main language
- English (100%)
- Study duration
- 2 years (120 EC)
- Starting months
- Contact hours
- Programme format
- Full time
- Master of Science, specialisation of Computing Science
Faculty of Science
- CROHO code
What will you learn
The Master's specialisation in Data Science trains you to become a curious, creative, and competent data scientist. As an academic, we do not just expect you to understand and make use of the appropriate tools, but also to program and develop your own. You will follow core courses in machine learning, information retrieval, and probabilistic modeling, and can then delve deeper into different application areas such as natural language processing, medical pattern recognition, neuroimaging, business rules and/or bioinformatics. You’ll learn how to turn data into knowledge with the help of computers and how to translate that knowledge into solutions.Study programme
Future career opportunities
The job perspective for our graduates is excellent. Industry desperately needs data science specialists at an academic level, and thus our graduates have no difficulty in find an interesting and challenging job. A few of our graduates decide to go for a PhD and stay at the university, but most of our students go for a career in industry. They then typically either find a job at a larger company as consultant or data analysis, or start up their own company in data analytics.Career prospects
This specialisation is offered in close collaboration with the research institute for Computing and Information Sciences (iCIS). It builds on its strong international reputation in areas such as machine learning, probabilistic modelling, and information retrieval. Our ambition is to develop principled, theoretically sound approaches for the analysis of complex data. Our research is guided by real-world problems and data sets.
Questions about this programme?
Do you have a question about this programme? We're happy to help. Please contact us, ask a student or check out our information activities.Contact
Tuitions & grants
If you are going to follow this Master's programme, you will pay an annual tuition fee. There are different tuition rates. The amount depends on your personal situation.Tuition