Something for you?
- Learn to make smarter, more effective policy, based on behavioural economics, sociology, public choice and psychology.
- Work on current economic policy issues.
- Instead of focusing on a single domain, you study a broad spectrum of policy issues.
- Interact with your professors in small seminar groups.
Do you want to know if you can be admitted? Read more about the admission requirements of this programme.Admission and application
If you have determined that you can be admitted with your previous education, you can apply via Studielink.Apply now
- Main language
- Study duration
- 1 years (60 EC)
- Starting months
- Contact hours
- Programme format
- Full time
- Master of Science, specialisation of Economics
- Nijmegen School of Management
- CROHO code
- AACSB, NVAO
What will you learn
You will face complex tasks when designing a policy that is effective, and also when assessing its impact. How do you define and measure welfare? And how do you design more effective policies? This specialisation starts with mainstream economic theory, and incorporates a variety of perspectives from psychology, sociology, public choice, political economy, culture, and philosophy. By introducing behavioural insights into complex policy questions, this Master's specialisation prepares you to understand and design successful policies in your future career as a policy maker, manager, analyst or consultant, in public or private organisations.Study programme
Future career opportunities
With their knowledge on the latest economic theories and methods and a critical attitude, alumni are well prepared for jobs such as:
- Policy-maker for the government
- Consultancy industry
- NGOs and think tanks
To indicate the type of research topics in this specialisation, a few examples:
- How trust is effected in cross-cultural interactions
- How you could nudge consumers to reduce food waste
- If current policy can be changed to bring about greater innovation and competitiveness
- If policymakers might act differently when elections are coming up
Questions about this programme?
Do you have a question about this programme? We're happy to help. Please contact us, ask a student or check out our information activities.Contact
Tuitions & grants
If you are going to follow this Master's programme, you will pay an annual tuition fee. There are different tuition rates. The amount depends on your personal situation.Tuition