Why study this programme?
Make smarter, more effective economic policy. In this specialisation, you learn to analyse and design behaviour-proof economic policy for governments and public or private organisations.
Master's specialisation in Economics, Behaviour and Policy
- This specialisation deals with a broad spectrum of policy issues, ranging from innovation policy, voter and consumer behaviour, to issues such as policy for gender equality or happiness.
- This specialisation develops skills needed for data-driven and behaviour-proof economic policy, embedded strongly both in theory and practice. You will learn the methods and tools needed to design and evaluate policies that will make a difference to people’s lives.
- You will gain a strong background in both mainstream and heterodox (i.e. non-mainstream) economic theories, augmented by behavioural insights. In this way, your perspective on economic policy, and how to make it more effective, will be expanded by knowledge from disciplines that include psychology, public choice and sociology.
- This specialisation combines learning with research: your lecturers are researchers who incorporate the latest findings into their teaching. As a student, using behavioural insights, you will carry out research, analyse, design and debate economic policy.
- Economics at Radboud University could be called ‘Economics Plus’: the ‘standard’ economics package is expanded on with relevant knowledge from related disciplines such as Political Science, Psychology and Sociology. With this strong theoretical background, you come to understand not just what is happening, but also how and why.
Why choose Radboud University
- Our classes are small and interactive, and our professors are easily approachable. There is an open environment where you can easily come in contact with other students.
- Our compact campus in Nijmegen is the greenest and most beautiful in the Netherlands where everything is within walking distance.
- We encourage our students to take a multidisciplinary approach to their studies, and in many cases, you are free to customise your own programme, so you can learn about and research topics that you are passionate about.
- You earn a valuable diploma in an outstanding university system. Furthermore, we stimulate and support the development of your critical skills in order to improve your chances in the job market within your field.
Do you want to know more about what Radboud University has to offer?