Something for you?
- Environment & Sustainability (previously called Water & Environment) is connected to the Radboud Institute for Biological and Environmental Sciences (RIBES), a leading institute in research on environmental, nature and water issues.
- Radboud University has tight relationships with environmental authorities (PBL, RIVM), waterboards, and NGO's (e.g. Natuurplaza).
- With two internships, you will get a thorough background in scientific research.
- There is a lot of attention for your personal development, with an orientation course focussing on your future career and extensive one-on-one contact with your supervisors.
Why in Nijmegen?
Do you want to know if you can be admitted? Read more about the admission requirements of this programme.Admission and application
If you have determined that you can be admitted with your previous education, you can apply via Studielink.Apply now
- Main language
- English (100%)
- Study duration
- 2 years (120 EC)
- Starting months
- Contact hours
- Programme format
- Full time
- Master of Science, specialisation of Biology
- Faculty of Science
- CROHO code
What will you learn
In this specialisation you will dive into ecological issues on all size scales and connecting scientific findings to societal implications or environmental policies. You will be trained to become an environmental expert, analysing the human impact on nature. You will learn to unravel the effects of stressors - like carbon dioxide emission or toxic pesticide - to connect scientific findings to societal implications or environmental policies. During your two internships within the specialisation, you will be responsible for your own experiments, surveys and (model) analysis, under the supervision of one of our top researchers at the RIBES.Study programme
Future career opportunities
You will be trained to become an environmental expert, educated to analyse the impacts of mankind on nature and use this knowledge to support sustainability transitions. On the job market, there’s a great demand for environmental experts who can make the connection between science and society. Our graduates work across a wide variety of jobs, including research, policy support, consultancy, and environmental education.Career prospects
This specialisation is closely connected to the Radboud Institute for Biological and Environmental Sciences (RIBES). Located near the Waal river, RIBES is focused on aquatic ecosystems and wetlands. This means that in the courses and the research projects, there’s a prominent role for water quantity and water quality. One year of your Master’s is completely dedicated to academic research. You’ll learn to design, perform and evaluate your own research.
Questions about this programme?
Do you have a question about this programme? We're happy to help. Please contact us, ask a student or check out our information activities.Contact
Tuitions & grants
If you are going to follow this Master's programme, you will pay an annual tuition fee. There are different tuition rates. The amount depends on your personal situation.Tuition