Why study Environment & Sustainability in Nijmegen?
In this specialisation, you will learn to analyse the consequences of anthropogenic environmental change for species and ecosystems. You will acquire advanced quantitative skills to unravel how multiple human pressures, such as carbon emissions, land use and pollution, affect nature and human health. You will also learn how to use this knowledge to identify pathways towards a more sustainable society. Two internships give you the opportunity to dive deep into a specific environmental sustainability challenge, either within our own institute (RIBES) or at a partner organisation.
Why study Environment & Sustainability?
- With two internships, you’ll get a thorough background in scientific research.
- There is a lot of attention for your personal development, with an orientation course focussing on your future career and extensive one-on-one contact with your supervisors.
- This specialisation is closely connected to the Radboud Institute for Biological and Environmental Sciences (RIBES), a leading institute in research on environmental, nature and water issues.
- Radboud University has tight relationships with water authorities, counties, and other related organisations, such as Natuurplaza.
- Together, the specialisations within the Master’s in Biology cover the whole range from organism to ecosystem and environment, which means you can define your exact study path along the way.
Do you want to know more about what Radboud University has to offer?
Discover the Faculty of Science
At the Faculty of Science our mission is to push the boundaries of scientific knowledge through outstanding education and ground-breaking research. In the video below, you get a brief introduction of the various research fields within our faculty. Follow our latest updates on Instagram.