Something for you?
- We consider regional, cultural, emotional and social borders, like those between urban and rural regions, social classes and gender.
- Our approach is highly multidisciplinary to include related fields as European Studies, Political Science, Conflict Management and Spatial Planning.
- Nijmegen itself lies in a border-region and our staff has close ties with the Euregio Rijn-Waal, giving you practical insights.
Do you want to know if you can be admitted? Read more about the admission requirements of this programme.Admission and application
If you have determined that you can be admitted with your previous education, you can apply via Studielink.Apply now
What will you learn
In this specialisation you will gain wide international expertise in the governance of European borders, borderlands and cross-border regions, both internal to Europe and its member states as well as beyond the outer frontiers of the European Union. The curriculum focuses on issues that are at the heart of contemporary debates in border studies, such as the transformation and multiplication of borders beyond the nation-state line. You will develop quantitative as well as qualitative fieldwork skills with wide, post-graduate applicability.Curriculum and courses
Future career opportunities
Our alumni find employment in:
- Consultancy firms
- Government departments
- International/European affairs
- Programme officer for a European organisation
To indicate the type of research in this specialisation, a few examples:
- Is there a possibility for open borders?
- How can we democratisize Europe's cross-border regions (i.e. Euregions)?
- What are the consequences of multicultural society on urban frontier zones in Europe?
- What is the relationship between (im)mobility and labour markets in the EU?
- Main language
- Study duration
- 1 years (60 EC)
- Starting months
- Contact hours
- Programme format
- Dual, Full time
- Master of Science
Nijmegen School of Management
- CROHO code
Questions about this programme?
Do you have a question about this programme? We're happy to help. Please contact us, ask a student or check out our information activities.Contact
Tuitions & grants
If you are going to follow this master's programme, you will pay an annual tuition fee. There are different tuition rates. The amount depends on your personal situation.Tuition