Why study this programme?
This Master's specialisation in Environment and Society Studies (ESS) teaches you to become an environmental policy advisor who can engage with EU policies, cooperate with planners across borders and coordinate with other sectors like spatial planning and economic development.
Master's specialisation in European Spatial and Environmental Planning
- This programme looks beyond domestic policies and beyond spatial and environmental planning within one country, and acknowledges the significant role the EU nowadays plays in our policies and practices.
- Our focus is on the influence of the EU and international policies and how to cooperate with policy makers in other countries. Students learn to understand how different sectors are interlinked in the fields of environmental governance and spatial planning.
- This is an interdisciplinary programme as it is jointly offered by the Master’s programmes in Spatial Planning and Environment and Society Studies.
Why choose Radboud University
- Our classes are small and interactive, and our professors are easily approachable. There is an open environment where you can easily come in contact with other students.
- Our compact campus in Nijmegen is the greenest and most beautiful in the Netherlands where everything is within walking distance.
- We encourage our students to take a multidisciplinary approach to their studies, and in many cases, you are free to customise your own programme, so you can learn about and research topics that you are passionate about.
- You earn a valuable diploma in an outstanding university system. Furthermore, we stimulate and support the development of your critical skills in order to improve your chances in the job market within your field.
Do you want to know more about what Radboud University has to offer?