Something for you?
- You will combine insights from politics, governance and policy.
- The European Union Politics and Governance Master’s will provide you with new insights in current debates in the field of European politics and governance.
- You will be a student in a challenging Master's specialisation in EU politics and governance with special attention to research skills.
- The Master's programmes in Public Administration and Political Science have a rock-solid reputation for the quality of their teaching, their academic character and the quality of their lecturers.
Do you want to know if you can be admitted? Read more about the admission requirements of this programme.Admission and application
What will you learn
The specialisation will teach students how political and social processes of contestation affect the shaping and functioning of European governance, European policy making and implementation and issues of legitimacy and problem-solving capacity. Students will be able to apply these insights to urgent cross-border social problems and the difficult interactions between European and national levels of government. They also learn to design (policy) interventions, to advise policymakers and to link theoretical perspectives in order to reflect on the functioning of European politics and governance.Curriculum and courses
Future career opportunities
Our graduates have all the necessary skills for job positions such as:
- Policy maker at a government department or European institution
- Consultant at a national or supranational institution
To indicate the type of research in this specialisation, a few examples:
- How the EU as regional integration organisation can impact global politics?
- How can we better understand the EU's institutional design?
- How the EU can cooperate effectively in spite of strong differences of opinion?
- Main language
- Study duration
- 1 years (60 EC)
- Starting months
- Contact hours
- 5-10 hours per week
- Programme format
- Full time
- Master of Science
Nijmegen School of Management
- CROHO code
Questions about this programme?
Do you have a question about this programme? We're happy to help. Please contact us, ask a student or check out our information activities.Contact
Tuitions & grants
If you are going to follow this master's programme, you will pay an annual tuition fee. There are different tuition rates. The amount depends on your personal situation.Tuition