Something for you?
- You will integrate modern behavioural and institutional aspects in financial economics.
- There is plenty of attention for applying theoretical concepts to real-world problems
- Special attention for global aspects, preparing students for an international career.
- Lecturers and students interact in small groups, strengthening the academic atmosphere.
Do you want to know if you can be admitted? Read more about the admission requirements of this programme.Admission and application
If you have determined that you can be admitted with your previous education, you can apply via Studielink.Apply now
What will you learn
The academic Master’s specialisation in Financial Economics is ideal for students who want to understand the workings of global financial markets, from asset pricing and risk management to monetary policy and financial regulation. Also, you will learn about the possible implications of measures taken to regulate them. You are challenged to go further than simply understanding the concepts and to think creatively about ground breaking ideas of how to regulate constantly developing financial markets and new financial instruments. It’s about trying to get financial markets to work more efficiently, without exuberant bubbles and catastrophic crashes, and in support of a prospering world economy.Curriculum and courses
Future career opportunities
Our alumni have the necessary knowledge and skills for a career as:
- Commercial banks
- Investment banks
- Financial exchanges
- Ministry of finance
- Governental bodies of financial market oversight
To indicate the type of research topics in this specialisation, a few examples:
- Is it important that banks can go bankrupt?
- Does it make sense to tax financial transactions to reduce the dangers of bubbles and crashes?
- How do our psychological biases and emotions influence what we do in the markets?
- How do you implement a policy that gives people an incentive to save for their pension?
- Main language
- Study duration
- 1 years (60 EC)
- Starting months
- Contact hours
- Programme format
- Full time
- Master of Science
Nijmegen School of Management
- CROHO code
Questions about this programme?
Do you have a question about this programme? We're happy to help. Please contact us, ask a student or check out our information activities.Contact
Tuitions & grants
If you are going to follow this master's programme, you will pay an annual tuition fee. There are different tuition rates. The amount depends on your personal situation.Tuition