Why study this programme?
Understanding modern financial economics, which includes asset pricing, risk management, monetary policy and financial regulations for pursuing careers at, for example, banks, capital funds and finance ministries.
Master's specialisation in Financial Economics
- The aim of this specialisation is to educate a new generation of finance professionals, who not only understand traditional approaches in financial economics but who can also integrate modern behavioural and institutional aspects.
- A sound theoretical foundation is offered and students are encouraged to apply theoretical concepts to real-world situations. In that way, students get a good understanding of the highly volatile behaviour of financial markets, including bubbles, crashes and crises.
- You will be trained to think independently and critically about the way in which financial economics can be applied in your professional field and you will develop skills that will make a difference in the highly competitive global labour market.
- The specialisation pays special attention to global aspects of corporate finance, preparing students for an international career.
- Economics at Radboud University could be called ‘Economics Plus’: the ‘standard’ economics package is expanded on with relevant knowledge from related disciplines such as Political Science, Psychology and Sociology. With this strong theoretical background, you come to understand not just what is happening, but also how and why.
Why choose Radboud University
- Our classes are small and interactive, and our professors are easily approachable. There is an open environment where you can easily come in contact with other students.
- Our compact campus in Nijmegen is the greenest and most beautiful in the Netherlands where everything is within walking distance.
- We encourage our students to take a multidisciplinary approach to their studies, and in many cases, you are free to customise your own programme, so you can learn about and research topics that you are passionate about.
- You earn a valuable diploma in an outstanding university system. Furthermore, we stimulate and support the development of your critical skills in order to improve your chances in the job market within your field.
Do you want to know more about what Radboud University has to offer?