Something for you?
- Unique interdisciplinary approach to gender studies
- Societal, organisational and scientific relevance
- Identification of ethical dilemmas as well as their political ramifications
- Small scale lectures and group work.
- The programme is best in its field and holds the bronze medal according to Elsevier's Best Studies 2022.
- The programme has been rated the best in the field by students (Source: Elsevier).
Do you want to know if you can be admitted? Read more about the admission requirements of this programme.Admission and application
What will you learn
This specialisation introduces you not only to issues and ongoing debates in the field of gender and diversity studies in organisations and politics, but also offers the opportunity to familiarize yourself with the state of the art in the field and to acquire knowledge of different policy practices related to it and their gendered implications. It offers you the knowledge and skills needed to understand the moral reasons - social justice, fairness and anti-discrimination - and the business reasons - legitimacy and performance - for addressing gender equality, diversity and inclusion through, among others, gender mainstreaming strategies. You learn to apply academic theories to real life questions and dilemmas.Curriculum and courses
Future career opportunities
After graduation, you will be capable of analysing complex political problems and design appropriate policies for the promotion of diversity and inclusion. Jobs include:
- National, European or international trainee programme
- Policy advisor at the local or national administration
- Programme manager at a research institute
- Consultant at a (trans)natioanl non-governmental organisation
To indicate the type of research in this specialisation, a few examples:
- What is the role gender, race, and ethnicity play in national, European and global political decision-making?
- What are the positions of men and women of different backgrounds, gays, lesbians and transgenders in society and politics as well as the dynamics of gender hierarchies and gender politics?
- Main language
- Study duration
- 1 years (60 EC)
- Starting months
- Contact hours
- Programme format
- Full time
- Master of Science, specialisation of Political Science
Nijmegen School of Management
- CROHO code
Questions about this programme?
Do you have a question about this programme? We're happy to help. Please contact us, ask a student or check out our information activities.Contact
Tuitions & grants
If you are going to follow this master's programme, you will pay an annual tuition fee. There are different tuition rates. The amount depends on your personal situation.Tuition