Something for you?
- Take an in-depth look at different options for expanding abroad.
- Learn to combine insights from economics and business studies.
- Gain crucial insights into the causes and consequences of a (de)globalising economy.
- Learn to develop strategies and policies that successfully navigate the global economic landscape.
Do you want to know if you can be admitted? Read more about the admission requirements of this programme.Admission and application
If you have determined that you can be admitted with your previous education, you can apply via Studielink.Apply now
- Main language
- Study duration
- 1 years (60 EC)
- Starting months
- Contact hours
- Programme format
- Full time
- Master of Science, specialisation of Economics
- Nijmegen School of Management
- CROHO code
- AACSB, NVAO
What will you learn
In this specialisation, you will look at various aspects of doing business internationally: from the economic and financial forces that drive the international expansion of firms to the cultural and institutional differences that make this expansion. Learn about different types of international investments, the role of (free) trade agreements and trade policies, the financial side of trading internationally, and the effects of internationalisation at the firm and country level.Study programme
Future career opportunities
With a strong analytical attitude, empirical skills and broad knowledge of the field, alumni are well prepared for a career at:
- Large and medium sized international companies
- Consultancy firms
- Governments and not-for-profit organisations
- Pursue a PhD in Economics
To indicate the type of research topics in this specialisation, a few examples:
- What are the consequences of the rise of emerging economies, such as China and India, for the structures and strategies of multinationals?
- How does the success of a cross border merger or acquisition depend on differences in institutions and cultures between host and parent countries?
- And what are the effects of trade agreements on the (location) strategies of multinationals?
Questions about this programme?
Do you have a question about this programme? We're happy to help. Please contact us, ask a student or check out our information activities.Contact
Tuitions & grants
If you are going to follow this Master's programme, you will pay an annual tuition fee. There are different tuition rates. The amount depends on your personal situation.Tuition