Something for you?
- The specialisation strongly focuses on the global level of sustainability transformations and the international agreements and policies intended to make big strides towards a sustainable future.
- You will gain a broad view of the problems and possible solutions.
- Related aspects of human geography will be incorporated in this specialisation.
Do you want to know if you can be admitted? Read more about the admission requirements of this programme.Admission and application
If you have determined that you can be admitted with your previous education, you can apply via Studielink.Apply now
What will you learn
In the Master’s specialisation in Global Environment and Sustainability you’ll gain the required knowledge of the economic, political, ethical and societal dimensions shaping environmental problems and possible solutions in a globalising world. This specialisation focuses on the relationships between global players like international institutions, multinational companies, environmental organisations and the regimes that govern over the world’s natural resources. You’ll be introduced to the latest scientific insights, which will be illustrated with numerous examples of how countries all over the world tackle these problems and the various interests at play.Curriculum and courses
Future career opportunities
This Master’s prepares you for a career as:
- Policy-maker at a national government
- Environmental praticioner
- Academic researcher
To indicate the type of research in this specialisation, a few examples:
- Can a country that struggles with extreme poverty be asked to invest time and money in environmental issues?
- How power distributions influence environmental outcomes?
- How can we use conservation, sustainable management of forests and enhancement of forest carbon stocks.
- What is the base for the major environmental treaties?
- Main language
- Study duration
- 1 years (60 EC)
- Starting months
- Contact hours
- Programme format
- Full time
- Master of Science
Nijmegen School of Management
- CROHO code
Questions about this programme?
Do you have a question about this programme? We're happy to help. Please contact us, ask a student or check out our information activities.Contact
Tuitions & grants
If you are going to follow this master's programme, you will pay an annual tuition fee. There are different tuition rates. The amount depends on your personal situation.Tuition