Something for you?
- Our approach is highly multidisciplinary and relates to fields such as sociology, development studies and political science.
- The main focus lies on the Global South and its interaction with the Global North.
- We particularly emphasise the relationship with urban contexts of globalisation, but also focus on linkages to rural developments.
Do you want to know if you can be admitted? Read more about the admission requirements of this programme.Admission and application
If you have determined that you can be admitted with your previous education, you can apply via Studielink.Apply now
What will you learn
In the Master’s specialisation in Globalisation, Migration and Development you’ll study the various dimensions and aspects of globalisation and migration. The main aim is to gain a better understanding of the changing relationships of global and local societies through the rise of social and spatial inequalities. You’ll come to learn that these are brought about by global processes, migration and mobility and the emergence of transnational identities, which may contrast with local orientations that may be part of the same multicultural societies.Curriculum and courses
Future career opportunities
This Master’s prepares you for a career as:
- Policy advisor on development issues
- Practitioner for an NGO
- Field officer for Fair Trade
- Policy development expert for Provincial Governments
To indicate the type of research in this specialisation, a few examples:
- What is the role of international migration in national development of countries in the Global South?
- How important is the informal economy in urban development?
- What is the impact of globalised trade on agricultural developments and rural livelihoods?
- What is the role of global policy interventions through programmes such as the Sustainable Development Goals, World Bank & IMF reforms, and good governance on local livelihoods (urban and rural)?
- Main language
- Study duration
- 1 years (60 EC)
- Starting months
- Contact hours
- Programme format
- Dual, Full time
- Master of Science
Nijmegen School of Management
- CROHO code
Questions about this programme?
Do you have a question about this programme? We're happy to help. Please contact us, ask a student or check out our information activities.Contact
Tuitions & grants
If you are going to follow this master's programme, you will pay an annual tuition fee. There are different tuition rates. The amount depends on your personal situation.Tuition