A university Master’s degree can offer you the following advantages:
- You will specialise in one area and broaden your knowledge. You will obtain a corresponding Master’s title (e.g. MSc), which proves that you are an expert in your field of study;
- Thanks to the extra knowledge and experience that you will have gained during your Master’s programme, you will often have more career opportunities and be able to earn a higher salary in the future. The extent of your salary will depend on the sector where you work;
- You will broaden your knowledge and gain new insights. You can even choose a whole new discipline by taking a Master’s from a different programme, or by taking a Master’s at a different faculty or educational institution than where you took your Bachelor’s;
- If you originally completed a Higher Professional Degree programme, the academic skills that you acquire during your Master’s will form an excellent addition to your practical skills;
- If you wish to go into research, you will need to have completed a university Master’s degree.