Something for you?
- You learn to understand institutional and cultural factors that impact international business activity
- Take an in-depth look at different options for expanding abroad
- Familiarity with ways of balancing expectations of diverse stakeholders in foreign countries
- You will be offered a strategic perspective on ways of gaining a competitive advantage in the global marketplace that aim to create both economic and social value.
Do you want to know if you can be admitted? Read more about the admission requirements of this programme.Admission and application
If you have determined that you can be admitted with your previous education, you can apply via Studielink.Apply now
What will you learn
In the Master's specialisation in International Business, you learn about different types of international investments, the role of (free) trade agreements and trade policies, the financial side of trading internationally, and the effects of internationalisation at the firm and country level. This suggests adopting a balanced outlook on relations with market and nonmarket stakeholders for a sustainable performance, seeking responsiveness and global efficiencies in marketing efforts, and innovating in emerging and developing markets.Curriculum and courses
Future career opportunities
With a strong analytical attitude, empirical skills and broad knowledge of the field, alumni are well prepared for a career as:
- Consultant for or at internationally operating firms
- Policy maker at (supra)-national governmental agencies
- Advisor at international trade agencies and regulators
To indicate the type of research in this specialisation, a few examples:
- What is the impact of intra-firm networks and geography on a firm's innovation performance?
- What is the influence of institutions on strategies of multinational enterprises?
- How do multinationals innovatively address institutional voids in emerging and developing markets?
- What can we say about the management of multibusiness firms in terms of structure, management systems and leadership?
- Main language
- Study duration
- 1 years (60 EC)
- Starting months
- Contact hours
- Programme format
- Full time
- Master of Science
Nijmegen School of Management
- CROHO code
Questions about this programme?
Do you have a question about this programme? We're happy to help. Please contact us, ask a student or check out our information activities.Contact
Tuitions & grants
If you are going to follow this master's programme, you will pay an annual tuition fee. There are different tuition rates. The amount depends on your personal situation.Tuition