Something for you?
- A broad perspective on issues pertaining to low and middle income countries.
- Strong comparative and empirical focus.
- One of the world’s largest micro-level databases for developing countries.
- Small group teaching and close contact with professors and their research.
Do you want to know if you can be admitted? Read more about the admission requirements of this programme.Admission and application
If you have determined that you can be admitted with your previous education, you can apply via Studielink.Apply now
What will you learn
The Master’s specialisation in International Economics and Development is unique in that we deal with the problems that poor countries face, as well as with interesting new developments taking place in the Global South. In this specialisation, you will discuss the rise of the BRIC countries, concentrating on their potential and the challenges they face. Unique new economic phenomena within developing countries will also be examined. Using recent theoretical insights and modern empirical methods, you will be actively involved in comparative research on issues in developing countries such as the impact of globalisation on economic growth, corruption, the education of children, child labour and women’s empowerment.Curriculum and courses
Future career opportunities
With a strong analytical attitude, empirical skills and broad knowledge of the field, you can prepare for a career as a:
- Researcher for an international organisation like the UN
- Consultant in a development-oriented consultancy firm
- Policy makers for national government
- Researchers at a university
To indicate the type of research topics in this specialisation, a few examples:
- Which influence educational participation has on economic growth
- What the main factors are that influence child mortality
- What leads to the rise of the BRIC countries
- Main language
- Study duration
- 1 years (60 EC)
- Starting months
- Contact hours
- Programme format
- Full time
- Master of Science
Nijmegen School of Management
- CROHO code
Questions about this programme?
Do you have a question about this programme? We're happy to help. Please contact us, ask a student or check out our information activities.Contact
Tuitions & grants
If you are going to follow this master's programme, you will pay an annual tuition fee. There are different tuition rates. The amount depends on your personal situation.Tuition