Why study this programme?
Analyse and compare the economic development of developing countries with a special focus on low and middle income countries in the Global South.
Master's specialisation in International Economics and Development
- This specialisation pushes you to understand and evaluate the economic situation in low and middle income countries. You are taught to look at the bigger picture and to analyse micro-level data. Your analysis provides information on intra-country and cross-national disparities.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills to inform national governments and international development organisations, which might lead to programmatic action aimed at bringing about positive changes to people’s lives in the poorest regions of our globe.
- Work with one of the world’s largest micro-level databases for developing countries. We offer a strong comparative and empirical orientation.
- Economics at Radboud University could be called ‘Economics Plus’: the ‘standard’ economics package is expanded on with relevant knowledge from related disciplines such as Political Science, Psychology and Sociology. With this strong theoretical background, you come to understand not just what is happening, but also how and why.
Why choose Radboud University
- Our classes are small and interactive, and our professors are easily approachable. There is an open environment where you can easily come in contact with other students.
- Our compact campus in Nijmegen is the greenest and most beautiful in the Netherlands where everything is within walking distance.
- We encourage our students to take a multidisciplinary approach to their studies, and in many cases, you are free to customise your own programme, so you can learn about and research topics that you are passionate about.
- You earn a valuable diploma in an outstanding university system. Furthermore, we stimulate and support the development of your critical skills in order to improve your chances in the job market within your field.
Do you want to know more about what Radboud University has to offer?