Something for you?
- Unique for the Netherlands, our programme is taught by both economists and political scientists.
- Our lecturers incorporate the latest academic developments and practical issues.
- Combining economics and political science courses, you will acquire the knowledge you need in order to resolve international policy issues and to get a better grip on the underlying political forces.
Do you want to know if you can be admitted? Read more about the admission requirements of this programme.Admission and application
If you have determined that you can be admitted with your previous education, you can apply via Studielink.Apply now
What will you learn
International Political Economy at Radboud University teaches you to go beyond the surface of daily news and to disentangle deeper global structures of economic growth and the distribution of wealth and power that underlie today’s problems of global economic governance. You will be challenged to not only understand and explain ‘the world’, but to view and assess it from the perspectives of different stakeholders, while understanding the social and economic structures and institutions enabling or hindering them in pursuing their objectives.Curriculum and courses
Future career opportunities
Alumni of the programme have all the competences required by employers, which makes them well suited for jobs as:
- Policymaker in an international organisation
- Policymaker in market authorities
- European Parliament or European Commission
- Consultant for example for a non-profit organisation
To indicate the type of research topics in this specialisation, a few examples:
- Does the growing influence of Brazil, Russia, India and China (BRICs) change the way the global political economy is governed?
- What are the political roots of global trade and finance?
- What is the impact of the international economy on inequality and development?
- Main language
- Study duration
- 1 years (60 EC)
- Starting months
- Contact hours
- Programme format
- Full time
- Master of Science
Nijmegen School of Management
- CROHO code
Questions about this programme?
Do you have a question about this programme? We're happy to help. Please contact us, ask a student or check out our information activities.Contact
Tuitions & grants
If you are going to follow this master's programme, you will pay an annual tuition fee. There are different tuition rates. The amount depends on your personal situation.Tuition