Are you a current student? For the programme of this academic year, check the course guide.
Do you want to take on an extra challenge after your Master's degree in Political Science at Radboud University? Then a Dual degree might be something for you! In a Dual degree programme, you will follow two Master's programmes. One at Radboud University and one abroad. We offer two Dual Degrees for International Relations.
Do you want to take on an extra challenge after your Master's degree in Political Science at Radboud University? Then the dual degree programme with the School of International Service (SIS) at American University in Washington, might be something for you. SIS is a top 10 school of international affairs, strategically based in Washington, DC. Since the founding of the school in 1957, they have answered President Dwight D. Eisenhower’s call to prepare students of international affairs to “wage peace.” Over the intervening years, SIS has grown in stature and influence and is now a destination for students seeking to think critically, build understanding, and wage peace in our world.
Something for you?
After finishing your Political Science degree at Radboud University, you can take the opportunity to gain additional academic training in an applied international affairs concentration at the School of International Services of American University. Specific benefits of doing a dual degree programme include:
- Dual perspective from different but complementary approaches to the study of politics and international studies
- Huge range of topics to choose from
- Strengthened academic versatility
- Extensive practical experiences during and after your degree
- Enhancing your outlook and adaptability as a global citizen
The programme consists of 30 US credit hours which can be followed both on campus as well as online. However, after graduating from the Political Science Master's programme at Radboud University, the programme only consists of 18 US credit hours. This will lead to a decrease in the costs of the programme.
For the Political Science Master's programme at Radboud University, you pay the tuition fee of Radboud University, more information can be found here. à For the Political Science Master's programme at Radboud University, you pay the tuition fee of Radboud University, more information can be found on this webpage.
Are you interested in the dual degree programme? If you want to know more about the admission, application and the tuition fee or in case you have any further questions, you can contact master [at] fm.ru.nl.
In a rapidly changing world, it is crucial to understand power relations, conflicts and political developments. Students of political science will be well-positioned to analyse and solve problems of the 21st century. This dual degree programme does not only equip students with valuable research skills and theoretical underpinnings, but already educates them in an international environment. The 2-year programme allows you to study in two universities, gaining a unique perspective on global and domestic politics across a wide range of issues. In the first year of the programme you follow courses at one of the two universities and you continue your education at the other in the second year. Upon successful graduation you receive the Master of Arts in Politikwissenschaft from the University of Bamberg with specialisation in International and European Politics, Comparative Politics, Political Theory or without a specialisation as a general degree and the Master of Science in Political Science with specialisation in Comparative Politics; European Union Politics and Governance; International Relations; Political Theory; Gender Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Politics or Conflict, Power and Politics.
Internationalisation at the core of Political Science
- The Master programme in Bamberg has a strong research orientation in order to prepare you for further academic employment or Ph.D. programmes. It is taught as a social science with a strong empirical focus. Our teaching staff has a reputation for international excellence, providing you exclusive insights into ongoing research. The extraordinary support from our professors enables you to conduct your own research with the right focus and approach, putting you in a position to know which methodological tools are appropriate to find answers to your specific research interests. Theoretical knowledge is complemented with skills to apply modern ICT facilities, statistical methods and software, placing the right strategies for the analysis of political phenomena to your disposal.
- The Master's programme at Radboud University combines a strong foundation in political science theories with research methods training. Students learn to think critically about real-world political and social challenges. Students enrolled in the dual degree programme can choose from one of six specialisations while at Radboud: Comparative Politics, European Union Politics and Governance, International Relations, Political Theory, Gender Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Politics, and Conflict, Power and Politics.
- The dual degree programmes will allow you to discover some of the distinct advantages of studying in a small exclusive programme. We offer exceptional support throughout your studies and provide advisory services from counsellors with extensive experience in all of our study programmes.
The dual degree programme comprises 4 semesters. Students spend either the first two semesters at the University of Bamberg and the last two semesters at Radboud University or the first two semesters at the Radboud University and the last two semesters University of Bamberg.
- More information about the Radboud University study programme and the courses can be found on the Study Programme page.
- More information about the University of Bamberg study programme and the courses can be found on the Study Programme page of the University of Bamberg. Aside from the regular curriculum, the University of Bamberg also offers free German courses at different levels. Current offers are published on the homepage of the University of Bamberg language centre.
Admission and Application
To apply for admission to the Dual Degree Programme with a start at Nijmegen School of Management, you first have to apply to the programme at the Nijmegen School of Management. More details can be found on the Admission & Application page.
To apply for admission to the Dual Degree Programme with a start at the University of Bamberg, you first have to apply to the programme at the University of Bamberg. To be considered for this programme, you need to submit the following documents:
- Statement of motivation in German (or English);
- Curriculum vitae;
- Proficiency in both German (A1) and English (B2/C1);
- Certificate of previous academic achievement/University Diploma.
In order to be able to study at the University of Bamberg students should be able to prove that they are able to communicate in German at A1 level. In case you do not possess a certificate to prove this you will be required to follow an additional, non-curriculum, German course at the University of Bamberg and obtain a certificate at A1 level during your first year. For more detailed information about the application procedure and admission requirements, please visit the website of the University of Bamberg.
You start your application to Radboud University once you are enrolled at the University of Bamberg. You can find more detailed information about the application procedure on the Admission & Application page.
Deadlines and tuition fee
The application procedure for the University of Bamberg fall enrolment opens up at the same time as the regular application procedure for the Master’s degree programmes in May. The deadline is generally at the beginning of July.
During the first year, you pay the tuition fee for the University of Bamberg. More information can be found on the Tuition page of the University of Bamberg.
In the second year of your study programme, you will follow courses at Radboud University and pay tuition fee to Radboud University. More information about the tuition fee at Radboud University can be found on the Tuition page.
For more detailed information about the study programme, your eligibility and the application procedure, please get in touch with Nijmegen School of Management by emailing master [at] fm.ru.nl (master[at]fm[dot]ru[dot]nl).