After your studies
• Have acquired empirical research skills at an advanced level, including a thorough understanding of approaches and techniques that support corpus-based, experimental, and computational research;
• Be able to describe and apply general knowledge on the historical roots and modern developments within the fields of Linguistics and Communication Studies, and are capable of relating these fields to each other;
• Have become a specialist in a certain area within the fields of linguistics and communication studies: the start of your professional profile;
• Be able to engage in the social debates regarding linguistics and communication issues.
• Have acquired English academic writing skills and have practiced writing a publishable scholarly article and a proposal for a PhD project;
• Have started to build up a professional (inter)national network.
After your studies
The primary goal of the programme is research training, which makes it ideal for those wishing to embark on a research career, for example by taking a PhD. But it also caters for the growing demand from the public and private sectors for people with academic insight and research skills. Many graduates will join research groups in the public and private sector. These may address a wide range of topics such as advanced Internet and enhancing professional communication in an international context.
Radboud Career Service
You can always contact the Radboud Career Service. The Career Service offers students and young alumni guidance and support as they venture into the labour market. Career Service is available for career guidance, job application tips, or if you require information about internships and job vacancies.
Why stop learning after graduation?
Do you want to keep pace with the rapid progress in our current society after your studies? Then a post-master might be something for you. The Radboud Academy offers many opportunities for lifelong development.
Or do you want to learn to translate your academic skills into an actual job? Then you can participate in our Young Professional Programme after your master's (in Dutch).