Something for you?
- The specialisation strongly focuses on the local level of sustainability transformations, in particular sustainable cities.
- The natural as well as social and political aspects of environmental issues will be addressed.
- You will be introduced to the most recent scientific insights, which will be illustrated by using numerous examples of how cities and regions all over the world are tackling these problems.
Do you want to know if you can be admitted? Read more about the admission requirements of this programme.Admission and application
If you have determined that you can be admitted with your previous education, you can apply via Studielink.Apply now
What will you learn
A broad scope of environmental issues will be addressed, and the existing measures and instruments will be examined. Stormwater management, forms of renewable energy and green roofs are just a small sample of what you might encounter during this study. For example, you will discover that waste management goes far beyond recycling schemes and how cradle-to-grave products are making way for cradle-to-cradle products. In addition, we will be dealing with citizens’ initiatives in renewable energy as well as investigating new areas of focus, such as the possible environmental advantages of community food systems.Curriculum and courses
Future career opportunities
This Master’s prepares you for a career as:
- Policy maker in the field of sustainability
- Environmental practitioner or consultant
- Academic analyst
To indicate the type of research in this specialisation, a few examples:
- What can be done to keep citizens safe from environmental hazards and natural disasters?
- What measures are needed to ensure a pleasant living environment?
- How can residents, commuters and businesses be stimulated – or if necessary, forced by legislation or financial sanctions – to do their bit?
- Main language
- Study duration
- 1 years (60 EC)
- Starting months
- Contact hours
- Programme format
- Full time
- Master of Science
Nijmegen School of Management
- CROHO code
Questions about this programme?
Do you have a question about this programme? We're happy to help. Please contact us, ask a student or check out our information activities.Contact
Tuitions & grants
If you are going to follow this master's programme, you will pay an annual tuition fee. There are different tuition rates. The amount depends on your personal situation.Tuition