- Apply relevant social science concepts and theories that are important when analysing and clarifying social change on the path towards a sustainable future.
- Analyse and design policy change for sustainability, including the methods of policy analysis, transition management and evaluation of policy.
- Facilitate collaboration between the public and private parties involved.
- Write policy documents, strategic plans or a position paper on environment and society.
- Identify and study lobbying and advocacy efforts concerning issues of sustainability.
- Work together in a professional and goal-oriented way in a wide range of social settings (interdisciplinary teams of experts, consultations and negotiations), taking into consideration other individuals’ stances values and beliefs.
After your studies
This Master’s prepares you for a career as:
- Policy maker in the field of sustainability
- Environmental practitioner or consultant
- Academic analyst or researcher
Radboud Career Service
You can always contact the Radboud Career Service or Career Service NSM. The Career Service offers students and young alumni guidance and support as they venture into the labour market. Career Service is available for career guidance, job application tips, or if you require information about internships and job vacancies.
Why stop learning after graduation?
In order to keep pace with the rapid progress in our current society, you must continue to work on your development even after getting a degree. This allows you to keep up with societal change and make a worthwhile contribution to both your personal development and to wider society. For any questions regarding this lifelong development, Radboud Academy is pleased to help you. So, are you looking to deepen your knowledge after obtaining a Master’s degree? Then a post-master might be something for you. Or do you want to learn to translate your academic skills into an actual job? Then you can participate in our Young Professional Programme after your master's (in Dutch).