Why study this programme?
In this specialisation, you will analyse and reflect on sustainability transformations in cities and regions with regard to topics such as waste, energy, water, transportation and climate change.
Master's specialisation in Local Environmental Change and Sustainable Cities
- The specialisation strongly focuses on the local level of sustainability transformations, in particular sustainable cities. The natural as well as social and political aspects of environmental issues will be addressed.
- This programme focuses on the political transformations needed for societal change, for example with regard to waterproofing and climate proofing cities, new local food systems, sustainable mobility, or nature and biodiversity close to home. You will acquire scientific insights in the daily processes of citizens that affect sustainability and how environmental policies and governance can contribute to resolving sustainability issues.
- Because the Netherlands is renowned for its expertise in water, climate and environmental governance, it offers a conducive atmosphere for studying this particular field.
- You can also take courses from the Master’s in Spatial Planning as electives to acquire a multidisciplinary perspective.
Why choose Radboud University
- Our classes are small and interactive, and our professors are easily approachable. There is an open environment where you can easily come in contact with other students.
- Our compact campus in Nijmegen is the greenest and most beautiful in the Netherlands where everything is within walking distance.
- We encourage our students to take a multidisciplinary approach to their studies, and in many cases, you are free to customise your own programme, so you can learn about and research topics that you are passionate about.
- You earn a valuable diploma in an outstanding university system. Furthermore, we stimulate and support the development of your critical skills in order to improve your chances in the job market within your field.
Do you want to know more about what Radboud University has to offer?