Why study Mathematics in Nijmegen?
There are still plenty of mysteries in math to be solved! Modern mathematics uses stochastic differential equations to unravel biological processes, geometry to study the spacetime curvature, calculus of variations to understand big data, and many more!
At Radboud University we advance mathematics both at the abstract and the applied level. We are at the forefront of the latest developments in algebra, analysis, geometry, logic, numerics, number theory, probability, statistics, and topology. We also combine expertise in these fields to tackle pressing challenges in data science, systems biology, neuroscience, gravity, and materials science, just to name a few.
Why study Mathematics?
- Teaching takes place in a stimulating setting with small groups. This means you get plenty of one-on-one time with your supervisor and your own personal mentor.
- The programme offers six tracks; three core tracks and three synergy tracks, that combine mathematics with other fields of science. Within each track you can select from a large variety of courses and build you own tailor-made programme.
- You can take part in the Mastermath programme and follow the best mathematics courses in the Netherlands, no matter the university. This gives you the opportunity to interact with other mathematics students from all over the country.
- Be part of the Mathematics department within the multidisciplinary Institute for Mathematics, Astrophysics and Particle Physics (IMAPP). The Mathematics department carries out research at the highest scientific level. The staff members are passionate about research and education and are involved in ambitious projects.
- About 85-90% of our students find a job or gain a PhD position within a few months after graduation.
- We have a very active student association Desda, which organises a range of activities for Mathematics students.
- The Master's specialisation has been awarded a bronze medal based on Elsevier's Best Studies 2023 ranking.
Do you want to know more about what Radboud University has to offer?
Discover the Faculty of Science
At the Faculty of Science our mission is to push the boundaries of scientific knowledge through outstanding education and ground-breaking research. In the video below, you get a brief introduction of the various research fields within our faculty. Follow our latest updates on Instagram.