Something for you?
- Work with state-of-the-art facilities for molecular methods and meta-omics, bioreactors, electron microscopy and mass spectroscopy equipment.
- Follow medical as well as general microbiology courses, which enables you to choose the topics that interest you the most.
- We offer internships at multiple research institutes, including departments at the University Medical Centre (Radboudumc)
- The research of our Microbiology department has won many prestigious science prizes, including three ERC Advanced Grants, a Spinoza Prize, and two Gravitation Grants.
Do you want to know if you can be admitted? Read more about the admission requirements of this programme.Admission and application
If you have determined that you can be admitted with your previous education, you can apply via Studielink.Apply now
- Main language
- English (100%)
- Study duration
- 2 years (120 EC)
- Starting months
- Contact hours
- Programme format
- Full time
- Master of Science, specialisation of Biology
Faculty of Science
- CROHO code
What will you learn
In this specialisation, you will work on improving health and environment, by studying, applying, and manipulating microorganisms. You will study the interface between fundamental, applied and medical microbiology. The programme contains more than one year of academic research at a Microbiology research department, at the forefront in the areas of environmental, medical, and molecular microbiology. You can choose to focus on one the following themes: Environmental Microbiology & Biotechnology, Immunology, Molecular Microbiology, Medical Microbiology & Virology.Study programme
Future career opportunities
The specialisation in Microbiology is an excellent preparation for a career in research, either in academia, at a governmental institute, or a company. Our students also apply their academic background in a more societal context, for example as policy officer, teacher, or consultant.Career prospects
The Master's specialisation in Microbiology is offered in close collaboration with the research departments Microbiology at Radboud University and Medical Microbiology at Radboud University Medical Centre. This are two high quality research departments which have been bestowed with the most prestigious science prizes, including several ERC Advanced Grants, a Spinoza Prize, and two Gravitation Grants.
Questions about this programme?
Do you have a question about this programme? We're happy to help. Please contact us, ask a student or check out our information activities.Contact
Tuitions & grants
If you are going to follow this Master's programme, you will pay an annual tuition fee. There are different tuition rates. The amount depends on your personal situation.Tuition