Something for you?
- Radboud University covers the complete research field of neuroscience, from small (subcellular processes, single-cell analysis) to big (cognition, behaviour) and from experimental to big data analysis, computational modelling and advanced machine learning.
- You can perform your internships in one of Europe’s largest neuroscience institutes, the world-renowned Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour (DI).
- The courses have a strong focus on research.
- The programme is tailored to your needs and is flexible.
Do you want to know if you can be admitted? Read more about the admission requirements of this programme.Admission and application
If you have determined that you can be admitted with your previous education, you can apply via Studielink.Apply now
- Main language
- English (100%)
- Study duration
- 2 years (120 EC)
- Starting months
- Contact hours
- Programme format
- Full time
- Master of Science, specialisation of Medical Biology
- Faculty of Science
- CROHO code
What will you learn
This specialisation crosses the boundaries of multiple subfields of biology, life sciences, medicine and behavioural sciences. You'll study the brain across spatial scales, from molecule to whole human brains. A large part of the programme consists of two research internships that can be performed at Donders Institute, focusing on neuroscience. As neuroscience is an interdisciplinary field, you will become acquainted with other disciplines next to medical biology. This will help you to develop the common ground that is necessary to communicate in a multi-faceted (research) team.Study programme
Future career opportunities
With multidisciplinary and forward-looking education at the cutting-edge of modern neurobiology, graduates have a wide range of options. Innovative research projects often result in unique knowledge and products that might have commercial utility. Several of our graduates chose the entrepreneurial path, bringing their knowledge into the market.Career prospects
At Radboud University, all branches of Neurobiology are accounted for, and strongly intertwined through Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour (DI). This unique combination of expertises is a real advantage for Neurobiology students: it gives you absolute freedom to develop your knowledge in your field of interest and a high profile network for your future career.
Questions about this programme?
Do you have a question about this programme? We're happy to help. Please contact us, ask a student or check out our information activities.Contact
Tuitions & grants
If you are going to follow this Master's programme, you will pay an annual tuition fee. There are different tuition rates. The amount depends on your personal situation.Tuition