Something for you?
- Our approach is highly multidisciplinary to include related fields as economic geography, business studies, environmental studies, and history.
- You will receive a thorough training to study local-global interaction conceptually and analytically.
- We will draw from fundamental debates on values, welfare and capitalism.
- You will take part in fundamental discussions on globalisation, localisation, financialisation and sustainability .
Do you want to know if you can be admitted? Read more about the admission requirements of this programme.Admission and application
If you have determined that you can be admitted with your previous education, you can apply via Studielink.Apply now
What will you learn
The world economy has become more globalised, more integrated and more competitive. In this Master's you will study the relations between business activities and spatial development in view of a globalising, and increasingly networked world economy. You will be introduced to mainstream and alternative perspectives on business location, networking and urban and regional development. This is followed by in-depth courses on city marketing and relational geography, and by research activities focusing on local-global links of business, governments and other organisations.Curriculum and courses
Future career opportunities
This specialisation hands you the scientific insights and practical skills for a professional career in jobs such as:
- Region marketer at a business firm
- Practitioner in the field of development of cities and regions
- Consultant for a multinational regarding location or innovation
- Policy advisor at a government institution
To indicate the type of research in this specialisation, a few examples:
- What is the relationship between local and global development?
- What is the role of network universities for regional development?
- What are economic impacts of shrinking regions?
- What are localisation and investment strategies of multinational companies?
- Main language
- Study duration
- 1 years (60 EC)
- Starting months
- Contact hours
- Programme format
- Full time, Dual
- Master of Science
Nijmegen School of Management
- CROHO code
Questions about this programme?
Do you have a question about this programme? We're happy to help. Please contact us, ask a student or check out our information activities.Contact
Tuitions & grants
If you are going to follow this master's programme, you will pay an annual tuition fee. There are different tuition rates. The amount depends on your personal situation.Tuition