Something for you?
- You will develop smart and sustainable solutions for actual and future planning problems.
- You are interested in developing a different understanding of planning and forms of practices.
- You are trained to think outside given boxes, by combining well-established core courses with electives.
- Small, almost 'family-like' department that covers a broad range of topics with a strong track record in related research.
Do you want to know if you can be admitted? Read more about the admission requirements of this programme.Admission and application
If you have determined that you can be admitted with your previous education, you can apply via Studielink.Apply now
What will you learn
The interaction between planning interventions on the one hand and land and real estate investments on the other hand is the central theme of this Master's specialisation. Starting from that interaction the Master's specialisation pays attention to different planning instruments and their impact on land and real estate markets, the dynamics of land and real estate markets, investment behaviour by private and public developers, public private partnerships, land management strategies and value capturing mechanisms and smart land and real estate investment strategies.Curriculum and courses
Future career opportunities
You will develop a deep understanding of land and real estate development, which makes you well suited for a job position such as:
- Project manager at a housing corporation
- Consultant at an international project
- Policy maker for a government institution
To indicate the type of research in this specialisation, a few examples:
- What is the interrelationship between policies and planning interventions on the one hand and land and real estate market dynamics on the other?
- How can Land Value Capture mechanisms support building climate-adaptive cities?
- Why do real estate developers adopt land-banking strategies and how do these strategies impact on the performance of housing markets?
- How can we improve the performance of land and real estate markets, to provide better, more sustainable outcomes?
- Main language
- Study duration
- 1 years (60 EC)
- Starting months
- Contact hours
- Programme format
- Dual, Full time
- Master of Science
Nijmegen School of Management
- CROHO code
Questions about this programme?
Do you have a question about this programme? We're happy to help. Please contact us, ask a student or check out our information activities.Contact
Tuitions & grants
If you are going to follow this master's programme, you will pay an annual tuition fee. There are different tuition rates. The amount depends on your personal situation.Tuition