Something for you?
- We focus on issues of power, justice and recognition in any context, from the individual via the city to the global sphere, helping you to comprehend both the complexity and diversity of today's political landscape.
- We are also inspired by the challenges raised the environment, democracy and urbanization – in what sense are they challenges, why, and for whom? Can we broaden our minds, move beyond entrenched positions in public debates and help develop new insights regarding these (and other) urgent subjects?
- We study how political choices are legitimised, discussing the various shapes and disguises of power, the role of authority (versus) morality, and the meaning of identity.
Do you want to know if you can be admitted? Read more about the admission requirements of this programme.Admission and application
What will you learn
This Master’s specialisation offers students an unique opportunity to learn to assess political values, aspirations and dreams in terms of their desirability and soundness. You will also discover how political theoretical work can be introduced fruitfully in other relevant contexts. This will enable you to help civil initiatives and governmental institutions, not to mention the public at large by imagining and designing policies and ambitions that are both viable and defensible.Curriculum and courses
Future career opportunities
"In just a few months, I see our students grow; they gain knowledge, argumentative skills and self-confidence. I see them develop from well-educated novices into the flourishing citizens of tomorrow."
Prof. Marcel Wissenburg | Radboud University
Our graduates are well prepared for jobs such as:
- National and international diplomacy
- EU institutions
- Managers and leaders in local, regional and national government
To indicate the type of research in this specialisation, a few examples:
- What can and should be our ambitions for for city governance, given urgent challenges like gentrification and homelessness?
- Can we ever control power or will it always control us?
- Can we reinvent democracy?
- What, if anything, do we owe to future generations, animals, the global poor or minority groups?
- Main language
- Study duration
- 1 years (60 EC)
- Starting months
- Contact hours
- Programme format
- Full time
- Master of Science
Nijmegen School of Management
- CROHO code
Questions about this programme?
Do you have a question about this programme? We're happy to help. Please contact us, ask a student or check out our information activities.Contact
Tuitions & grants
If you are going to follow this master's programme, you will pay an annual tuition fee. There are different tuition rates. The amount depends on your personal situation.Tuition