Are you a current student? For the programme of this academic year, check the course guide.
Like no other field in the business management area, Human Resource Management guides and accompanies the internationalisation of organisation. Aside from pure HRM topics, modern human resource managers need a well-defined combination of skills in the fields of marketing, strategy and innovation management. This dual degree programme does not only equip students with this set of skills but already educates them in an international environment.
This 2-year programme allows you to study in two universities, gaining a unique perspective on Strategic Human Resources Management and Leadership with an international outlook. In the first year of the programme you follow courses at the University of Bamberg in Germany, and you continue your education at Radboud University in the second year. Upon successful graduation you receive the Master of Sciences in Betriebswirtschaftslehre (Business Administration) from the University of Bamberg and the Master of Science in Business Administration with specialisation in Strategic Human Resources Leadership from Radboud University.
Internationalisation at the core of Human Resource Management
- The Programme at the University of Bamberg combines classic Human Resource Management with psychological theory, examining the organisational and individual processes by simultaneously accounting for international aspects in research and teaching. In this programme you will acquire specific intercultural knowledge to enhance your skills. This comprehensive education opens diverse employment opportunities across industry sectors in Human Resource Management and Development as well as in Personnel Consulting and International Assignments.
- The Master's specialisation in Strategic Human Resources Leadership at Radboud University pays attention to the entire range of human capital: emotion, behaviour and potential. Through using real-life examples, you learn to understand how the micro goals of individuals relate and can be aligned with the strategic plans of a company.
- The dual degree programmes will allow you to discover some of the distinct advantages of studying in a small exclusive program. We offer exceptional support throughout your studies and provide advisory services from counsellors with extensive experience in all of our study programmes.
About this study curriculum
The degree programme comprises 4 semesters. Students spend the first two semesters at the University of Bamberg and the last two semesters at Radboud University.
Aside from the regular curriculum, the University of Bamberg also offers free German courses at different levels. Current offers are published on the homepage of the University of Bamberg language centre.
In the second year, you follow the courses of the Business Administration Master’s programme in Strategic Human Resources Leadership specialisation at Radboud University. You can find detailed information about this programme and the courses on our specialisation webpage.
Admission and Application
To apply for admission to the Dual Degree Programme, you first have to apply to the programme at the University of Bamberg. To be considered for this programme, you need to submit the following documents:
- Statement of motivation in German;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Proficiency in both German (A1) and English;
- Certificate of previous academic achievement/University Diploma.
In order to be able to study at the University of Bamberg students should be able to prove that they are able to communicate in German at A1 level. In case you do not possess a certificate to prove this you will be required to follow an additional, non-curriculum, German course at the University of Bamberg and obtain a certificate at A1 level during your first year. For more detailed information about the application procedure and admission requirements, please visit the website of the University of Bamberg.
You will start your application to Radboud University once you are enrolled at the University of Bamberg. Please find more detailed information about the application procedure on our webpage.
Deadlines and tuition fee
The application procedure for the University of Bamberg fall enrolment opens up at the same time as the regular application procedure for the Master’s degree programme in Business Administration and Management. The deadline is generally at the beginning of July.
During the first year you pay tuition fee at the University of Bamberg, more information can be found on their website.
In the second year of your study programme, you will follow courses at Radboud University and pay tuition fee to Radboud University. More information about the tuition fee at Radboud University can be found on the website.
For more detailed information about the study programme, your eligibility and the application procedure, please get in touch with Nijmegen School of Management by emailing master [at] fm.ru.nl (master[at]fm[dot]ru[dot]nl)