Why study this programme?
This programme provides students an elaborate multi-level approach (individual employee, team, business unit, organization, sectors/populations, and countries) regarding Strategic HRM (and with regard to the relationship between Strategic HRM and micro HRM) and comprises a rich variety of experience learning and case studies, both from a European and a broader, global perspective. As such, this curriculum, stresses, firstly, the critical, strategic importance of ‘human resources’. Concretely, skills, behaviors, and interactions of individual employees provide, on the one hand, the foundation for strategy formulation, and form, on the other hand, the means for strategy implementation. Secondly, the HRM practices of a working organization are instrumental in the light of the development of the strategic capacity of her human resources ‘pool’.
Master's specialisation in Strategic Human Resources Leadership
Based upon different common concepts and theories in the field of Strategic HRM (SHRM) and relevant practical skills, the student will learn to:
- Determine the coherence in HRM policy and its alignment with the internal organization and the external environment of the working organization;
- Make a substantiated choice for the design of HRM in organizations at different levels;
- Determine the consequences in theory and practice for the implementation of HRM strategies in public and private sector organizations in different (inter)national institutional contexts;
- Reflect, based upon both practice and empirical evidence, on HRM theories, approaches and practices in the organizational context;
- Reflect on one’s own behavior and that of others in the context of practical skills.
- The student also further develops his or her employability and career management skills.
- You will gain scientific insights into topics as varied as high-performance work systems, employability, diversity management, life-long learning, sustainable careers, commitment to the workplace, leadership, expatriate management, bullying at the workplace, vulnerable workers, and moral reasoning.
Why choose Radboud University
- Our classes are small and interactive, and our professors are easily approachable. There is an open environment where you can easily come in contact with other students.
- Our compact campus in Nijmegen is the greenest and most beautiful in the Netherlands where everything is within walking distance.
- We encourage our students to take a multidisciplinary approach to their studies, and in many cases, you are free to customise your own programme, so you can learn about and research topics that you are passionate about.
- You earn a valuable diploma in an outstanding university system. Furthermore, we stimulate and support the development of your critical skills in order to improve your chances in the job market within your field.
Do you want to know more about what Radboud University has to offer?