Radboud University is a truly international institution with students from over 100 nationalities around the world. Choose from a full range of over 250 courses in English for exchange students in all faculties.
Why choose Radboud University for your exchange?
- We are a truly international institution with students from all over the world.
- You can find excellent facilities like study workplaces, a state-of-the-art sports centre, restaurants and cafés on campus. We also offer a variety support services to our students.
- We are the only Dutch university to have all teaching and research take place on its own green campus.
- We pride ourselves for our personal approach to learning and education.
- We offer a wide range of English-taught courses to exchange students.
- There are extensive possibilities for you to take additional courses at multiple faculties.
- We mediate in finding housing.
- If you are from outside the EU, we will take care of the visa application for you.
- We have an excellent Orientation week and an extensive and fun social programme througout the year.
- We are located in Nijmegen, a friendly, vibrant, student town, little over an hour away from Amsterdam.
Social Dutch language course
Social Dutch is offered for free (limited spots available) to all exchange students. Having a basic knowledge of Dutch helps to integrate in the Radboud community!
The city of Nijmegen
Nijmegen was voted best holiday destination in Europe 2022! But that is not all: the city of Nijmegen is the oldest city in the Netherlands, but was also named the safest Dutch city to live and study. It has a very active student life and is also a host to countless festivals and sports activities like the Four Day Marches. Nijmegen has great train connection to e.g. Brussels, Paris and Berlin.
Grabbing a drink with friends at The Yard of the Culture Cafe is the perfect ending after a long day of studying.
Tomas - Master's student in Economics, Behaviour and Policy
The Vierdaagse feesten (“Four Days Marches”) are my favourite time of the year, the whole city feels like one big festival and everyone is in a happy mood. It’s the perfect mix of live music, food and drinks, and a great atmosphere. When you live in Nijmegen, you have to experience this amazing week at least once in your life.
Lisa - Master's student in Environment and Society Studies
During the year, several social activities are organised for international students in order to get to know the Netherlands, Nijmegen and other international students. Excursions and social activities but also debates, lectures, and other interesting activities are announced frequently by Radboud International Students and ESN Nijmegen.
Before the start of each semester there is an Orientation Week especially for our new international exchange and (pre-)Master's students. The Orientation includes fun activities such as: tours of the university and the city, sports, parties, etc. By participating in this programme you will quickly get to know both Nijmegen and Radboud University, and make new friends from all around the world!
Tuition and scholarships
If you are currently studying at one of Radboud University’s partner institutions and you fulfil the requirements of your home institution, you may be eligible for an exchange period at Radboud University. You will then not have to pay the tuition fee at Radboud University for the exchange period, but only the tuition fee at your home institution. To find out whether your institution has a bilateral agreement with Radboud University, please contact your home institution.
If your home institution participates in the Erasmus+ programme and has a bilateral agreement with Radboud University, you can be eligble for an Erasmus+ scholarship that covers a period of three to twelve months. Similar to other partner universities, you are exempt of paying the tuition fee at Radboud University for the exchange period. Contact the international office at your home institution for more information.
Are you planning on coming to Radboud University through the Erasmus+ programme? Read the Erasmus student charter for more information about your entitlements, obligations and duties before, during and after your mobility period.
If you have specific questions or need assistance with your application, Student Admissions is here to help. You can contact us through our contact details below to speak with one of our advisors. We are happy to assist you with any aspect of your exchange experience.