(Social) Research Methods
The Radboud Summer School programme offers a lot of (Social) Research Methods courses for you this summer.
Two weeks of Radboud Summer School (plus a pre-week with online courses) will be dedicated to Social Research Methods in collaboration with MethodsNET & Nijmegen School of Management. Pick a course and spend your summer the smart way!
The first two weeks (+ an online pre-week) of the total four week Radboud Summer School programme are a collaboration event called 3SRM. The academic concept and programme of the 3SRM is designed, coordinated ‘on the ground’ and evaluated by MethodsNET. The event is run in partnership with Radboud University, via the Nijmegen School of Management which hosts the event in collaboration with the Radboud Summer School.
Pre-week online courses
- Analytical Pragmatism: An Introduction to Relational Social Science
- Comparative Historical Analysis
- Crash course in R – a gentle introduction
- Introduction to NVivo
- Introduction to Programming in Python
- Introduction to Survey Methodology and Public Opinion Research
- Online Qualitative Methods and Virtual Ethnography
- Interpretive Research Methods
- Introduction to Ethnography and Fieldwork
- Ethnographic Research: Issues and Interpretations
- Qualitative Data Analysis: concepts and techniques
- Qualitative Data Analysis: research designs and practices
- Qualitative Interviewing - experts
- Critical discourse Analysis: Texts, contexts and power
- Focus groups
- Feminist and postcolonial research methods
- Comparative Research Designs: Building and Implementing your Comparative Project from A to Z
- Qualitative Comparative Analysis (QCA): Performing Basics and Advanced Analyses using R - week 1
- Qualitative Comparative Analysis (QCA): Performing Basics and Advanced Analyses using R - week 2
- Process Tracing Methods: an introduction
- Process Tracing Methods in practice
- Introduction into R
- R for Advanced Users
- Doing Intersectional Quantitative Research
- Regression Analysis, an Intensive Course
- Multilevel regression analysis with R
- Panel Data Analysis
- Structural Equation Modelling
- Causal Inference with Natural Experiments: DiD, RDD, IV, and Matched Designs
- Randomized Experimental Methods: Survey, Lab, Field and Conjoint Experiments
- Spatial Analysis for Social Sciences in R
Read more about the event
Main courses, short courses, ECTS, designing your package and much more.
Courses (not part of 3SRM)
These courses do belong within the discipline of (Social) Research Methods but are not a part of the 3SRM event and take place in the third and fourth week of the Radboud Summer School programme.
This is our summer school!
Do you want to know what your Summer School Experience will be like? Watch the 2023 after movie and get excited.
MethodsNET is a global network of methods experts in the social sciences (broadly defined) who are dedicated to promoting accessible, world-class methods training both in their own events and through partners, methodological pluralism and the need for scholars to understand the core tenets of different approaches to facilitate communication and exchange and methodological excellence and innovation, providing support for researchers, as well as potential academic events in the future (conferences and workshops).
About Nijmegen School of Management
Nijmegen School of Management enables students, institutions, businesses, social actors and governments to play their part in the transformation towards a sustainable society. There are over 5,000 students studying in their challenging Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes. With over 500 academic and support staff, they provide education and research that has a significant impact on society in the fields ‘social economy’, ‘resilient society’ and ‘sustainable environment’.