Admission and enrolment
- Start date
- End date
If you have a relevant Bachelor's degree from a university, you can apply for this pre-Master's programme. Based on your degree and the courses in your curriculum, the Admission Office will select a pre-Master's study programme of 30 or 60 ECTS.
If you are interested in our Master’s specialisation in Ancient and Medieval Mediterranean Worlds, but you do not have a Bachelor’s degree in History at Research University level, you can in some cases be admitted to our pre-Master’s programme.
After a successful completion of this English pre-Master’s programme, you can be admitted to the Master’s programme in Ancient and Medieval Mediterranean Worlds.
In order to be admitted to our pre-Master’s programme, you have to meet the language requirements:
- TOEFL iBT: ≥ 90, subscores ≥ 20
- IELTS Academic: ≥ 6.5 overall & subscores ≥ 6.0
- Cambridge C1 Advanced or C2 proficiency: C or higher
- Approved diploma of English-taught secondary education (International Baccalaureate and selected European degrees)
- University Bachelor’s degree from an English-taught programme gained from a recognized university in Australia, Canada (with the exception of Quebec), Ireland, New-Zealand, United Kingdom or United States.
To apply for a pre-Master's programme, you need to submit a request for enrolment in Studielink before the application deadline. Before you apply, please check the admission requirements for the pre-Master’s programme of your choice. Then follow the steps below.
Step 1: Submit your enrolment request via Studielink
Apply for your chosen pre-Master’s programme via Studielink. You can apply for a programme for the following academic year from 1 October onwards.
Submitting a request for enrolment requires the following steps in Studielink.
- Go to 'Study programmes' and select 'Add new enrolment application'
- Search for your pre-Master’s programme by name: ‘Pre-Master’s in [name of study programme]’. The name of the pre-Master’s programme is often the name of the Master’s (specialisation).
- Select the educational institution: Radboud University
- Select the type of study programme: WO Bachelor
Note: register on time! You do not need to have completed your previous education when you apply. You can find the application deadlines at the top of the Admission & Application page of the pre-Master's programme.
Step 2: Fill in the digital questionnaire
Because your prior education needs to be assessed, you will receive the login details for the digital questionnaire at the email address that you provided in Studielink. You will need to log in to the questionnaire, and once you have completed it you will need to upload the requested documents. Please make sure that you submit your completed questionnaire and the required documents by 1 July at the latest. If you complete the questionnaire after 1 July, there is no guarantee that we will be able to process your application for admission in time.
Step 3: Keep an eye on your mailbox
Your request for admission will then be processed. Within approximately 3 weeks after you have submitted the digital questionnaire, Student Admissions will inform you by email about the admission decision. There are three possible outcomes:
- You will be granted unconditional admission.
- You will be granted conditional admission. This means that there are conditions that you will need to fulfil before definitive admission can be granted. You will receive an email about what these conditions mean.
- You will not be granted admission. Your application will then be withdrawn from Studielink and unfortunately you cannot enrol for this pre-Master's.
The details of this outcome will be forwarded to the email address that you provided in Studielink.
Have you been admitted to the pre-Master’s?
Congratulations! Then go to the enrolment procedure and follow the steps to enrol.
How to apply for a pre-Master's programme if you have a non-Dutch previous education:
Students with a non-Dutch previous education cannot directly apply for a pre-Master’s. You must first apply for a selected Master's programme.
If you do not meet all the admission requirements for your selected Master's programme, you may be offered admission to the pre-Master's programme. This will be communicated in your admission email.
Completing the pre-Master's programme grants you direct admission to the Master's programme.
Contact us via email at admissions [at] ru.nl.