Admission and application
- Start date
- End date
A pre-Master’s programme is (in most cases) a one-year programme (60 EC’s) especially designed to bridge the gap between your prior education and our Master’s in Economics. Finishing one of these programmes grants direct access to the Master’s programme. We offer several pre-Master’s programmes, depending on your current degree and where you obtained it.
Would you like to enrol in the current academic year? Then read further here.
Met een afgeronde (niet-Bedrijfskunde) wo-bacheloropleiding ben je toelaatbaar tot de pre-master.
Met een afgeronde, aan de bedrijfskunde verwante, bacheloropleiding (240 EC) ben je toelaatbaar tot de pre-master. Hbo-opleidingen die in aanmerking komen voor het pre-master programma zijn:
- Bedrijfskundige Informatica
- Facility Management
- Financial Services Management
- Hotel Management
- International Business and Languages
- International Business and Management Studies
- Logistieke Economie
- Management Economie en Recht
- Personeel en Arbeid/ Personeel en Organisatie
- Human Resource Management
- Small Business
- Technische Bedrijfskunde
Naast aansluiting met de opleiding Bedrijfskunde, wordt er ten aanzien van hbo-opleidingen toegelaten op grond van het gemiddelde, ongewogen eindcijfer (berekend over de laatste twee jaar - jaar 3 en 4) van je relevante hbo-opleiding. Ongewogen betekent dat alle onderdelen waaraan studiepunten zijn toegekend even zwaar mee tellen. De examencommissie Bedrijfskunde hanteert volgend beleid:
- Studenten met een gemiddeld eindcijfer van 7,5 of hoger worden automatisch toegelaten tot het pre-master programma.
- Studenten met een gemiddeld eindcijfer tussen 7 en 7,5 kunnen een motivatiebrief sturen naar de examencommissie. Op basis hiervan wordt besloten of je als nog toelaatbaar bent. Indien dit niet het geval is, dien je een GMAT test te maken. Je wordt toegelaten indien de GMAT > 600 punten betreft.
- Studenten met een gemiddeld eindcijfer lager dan 7 kunnen op basis van een GMAT > 600 punten toegelaten worden tot het pre-master programma.
Ga voor meer informatie over de GMAT naar: www.gmac.com
De opleiding biedt geen ondersteuning bij het maken van de GMAT test.
If you have a non-Dutch educational background, you cannot apply directly for the pre-Master’s, but you need to apply for the Master’s programme first. The Examining Board will then decide if you are eligible for direct admission to the Master’s or whether they require you to participate in a pre-Master’s before you can enter the Master’s.
If you have applied for the Master’s and received a message that you are (conditionally) admitted to the pre-Master’s programme, and you would like to accept this offer, you need to apply in Studielink through the following steps:
- Go to 'Study programmes' and select 'Add new enrolment application'
Search for 'Business Administration'
- Select the Educational institution: Radboud University
- Select the Type of study programme: WO Bachelor
Select ‘Premaster Business Administration’, and make sure to enroll for the upcoming academic year
Once you have submitted this application in Studielink, you can disregard the automatic emails from Studielink, except if they are about providing information about the payment of the contribution fee, but you need to follow the instructions from the Admissions Office admissions [at] ru.nl, which you will receive shortly after your application.
In order to take part in this programme, you need to have fluency in both written and spoken English. This requirement has been satisfied when you meet one of the following conditions:
- Have successfully completed an English-taught Bachelor's programme in one of the following countries: EU/EEA countries, Australia, Canada (excluding Quebec), New Zealand, United Kingdom and the United States of America.
All other students need one of the following certificates (All certificates may not be older than two years):
- TOEFL iBT ≥ 80, subscores ≥ 20
- IELTS Academic: ≥ 6,0 overall & subscores ≥ 6,0
- Cambridge C1 Advanced or C2 proficiency: C or higher
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak which has led to temporary closure of test centres, Radboud University currently accepts the TOEFL iBT® Home Edition
as well. Please find the required scores above.
TOEFL iBT certificate with a total score of at least 80 and scores of at least 20 on all four parts.
IELTS Academic certificate with a result of at least 6.0 on the overall band and scores of at least 6.0 on all four sub-bands
Cambridge C1 Advanced
Cambridge C1 Advanced Certificate (formerly known as CAE) .
Cambridge C2 Proficiency
Cambridge C2 proficiency Certificate (formerly known as CPE).
To apply for a pre-Master's programme, you need to submit a request for enrolment in Studielink before the application deadline. Before you apply, please check the admission requirements for the pre-Master’s programme of your choice. Then follow the steps below.
Step 1: Submit your enrolment request via Studielink
Apply for your chosen pre-Master’s programme via Studielink. You can apply for a programme for the following academic year from 1 October onwards.
Submitting a request for enrolment requires the following steps in Studielink.
- Go to 'Study programmes' and select 'Add new enrolment application'
- Search for your pre-Master’s programme by name: ‘Pre-Master’s in [name of study programme]’. The name of the pre-Master’s programme is often the name of the Master’s (specialisation).
- Select the educational institution: Radboud University
- Select the type of study programme: WO Bachelor
Note: register on time! You do not need to have completed your previous education when you apply. You can find the application deadlines at the top of the Admission & Application page of the pre-Master's programme.
Step 2: Fill in the digital questionnaire
Because your prior education needs to be assessed, you will receive the login details for the digital questionnaire at the email address that you provided in Studielink. You will need to log in to the questionnaire, and once you have completed it you will need to upload the requested documents. Please make sure that you submit your completed questionnaire and the required documents by 1 July at the latest. If you complete the questionnaire after 1 July, there is no guarantee that we will be able to process your application for admission in time.
Step 3: Keep an eye on your mailbox
Your request for admission will then be processed. Within approximately 3 weeks after you have submitted the digital questionnaire, Student Admissions will inform you by email about the admission decision. There are three possible outcomes:
- You will be granted unconditional admission.
- You will be granted conditional admission. This means that there are conditions that you will need to fulfil before definitive admission can be granted. You will receive an email about what these conditions mean.
- You will not be granted admission. Your application will then be withdrawn from Studielink and unfortunately you cannot enrol for this pre-Master's.
The details of this outcome will be forwarded to the email address that you provided in Studielink.
Have you been admitted to the pre-Master’s?
Congratulations! Then go to the enrolment procedure and follow the steps to enrol.
How to apply for a pre-Master's programme if you have a non-Dutch previous education:
Students with a non-Dutch previous education cannot directly apply for a pre-Master’s. You must first apply for a selected Master's programme.
If you do not meet all the admission requirements for your selected Master's programme, you may be offered admission to the pre-Master's programme. This will be communicated in your admission email.
Completing the pre-Master's programme grants you direct admission to the Master's programme.
Contact us via email at admissions [at] ru.nl.