Admission and application
- Start date
- End date
Would you like to enrol in the current academic year? Then read further here.
You can apply for this pre-Master's programme if you have or will obtain one of the bachelor's degrees listed below.
Dutch Research University:
- ... or a related Biology programme, for example Food & Health, University College programmes, Beta-Gamma programmes.
Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO):
- Biomedisch en medisch laboratoriumonderzoek (BML)
- Toegepaste biologie (HAS)
- Applied Sciences
If your programme is not listed, please contact the admissions officer.
To be admitted to the pre-Master’s programme you need a Bachelor’s degree from a Research University in (a comparable field to) Medical Biology or a natural science-related programme that does not provide you with sufficient knowledge of Medical Biology.
You need to have fluency in both written and spoken English. You can prove that with a language test (TOEFL iBT, IELTS Academic, or Cambridge) or with a Bachelor's degree from a research university in one of the following countries: Australia, Canada (excluding Quebec), New Zealand, United Kingdom and the United States of America.
TOEFL iBT (or the Special Home Edition)
≥ 90 + subscores ≥ 22
≥ 6,5 overall + subscores ≥ 6,0 + writing subscore ≥ 6,5
Cambridge certificate (C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency)
C or higher
To apply for a pre-Master's programme, you need to submit a request for enrolment in Studielink before the application deadline. Before you apply, please check the admission requirements for the pre-Master’s programme of your choice. Then follow the steps below.
Step 1: Submit your enrolment request via Studielink
Apply for your chosen pre-Master’s programme via Studielink. You can apply for a programme for the following academic year from 1 October onwards.
Submitting a request for enrolment requires the following steps in Studielink.
- Go to 'Study programmes' and select 'Add new enrolment application'
- Search for your pre-Master’s programme by name: ‘Pre-Master’s in [name of study programme]’. The name of the pre-Master’s programme is often the name of the Master’s (specialisation).
- Select the educational institution: Radboud University
- Select the type of study programme: WO Bachelor
Note: register on time! You do not need to have completed your previous education when you apply. You can find the application deadlines at the top of the Admission & Application page of the pre-Master's programme.
Step 2: Fill in the digital questionnaire
Because your prior education needs to be assessed, you will receive the login details for the digital questionnaire at the email address that you provided in Studielink. You will need to log in to the questionnaire, and once you have completed it you will need to upload the requested documents. Please make sure that you submit your completed questionnaire and the required documents by 1 July at the latest. If you complete the questionnaire after 1 July, there is no guarantee that we will be able to process your application for admission in time.
Step 3: Keep an eye on your mailbox
Your request for admission will then be processed. Within approximately 3 weeks after you have submitted the digital questionnaire, Student Admissions will inform you by email about the admission decision. There are three possible outcomes:
- You will be granted unconditional admission.
- You will be granted conditional admission. This means that there are conditions that you will need to fulfil before definitive admission can be granted. You will receive an email about what these conditions mean.
- You will not be granted admission. Your application will then be withdrawn from Studielink and unfortunately you cannot enrol for this pre-Master's.
The details of this outcome will be forwarded to the email address that you provided in Studielink.
Have you been admitted to the pre-Master’s?
Congratulations! Then go to the enrolment procedure and follow the steps to enrol.
How to apply for a pre-Master's programme if you have a non-Dutch previous education:
Students with a non-Dutch previous education cannot directly apply for a pre-Master’s. You must first apply for a selected Master's programme.
If you do not meet all the admission requirements for your selected Master's programme, you may be offered admission to the pre-Master's programme. This will be communicated in your admission email.
Completing the pre-Master's programme grants you direct admission to the Master's programme.
Contact us via email at admissions [at] ru.nl.