Byondis Molecular Sciences Scholarship
The Byondis Molecular Sciences scholarship is for an outstanding student who wants to study the Bachelor's programme Chemistry, Molecular Life Sciences or Science at Radboud University. The scholarship is granted yearly by Byondis to one first-year student with a Dutch vwo diploma.
Built on exceptional science and driven to improve patients lives, Byondis is an independent biopharmaceutical research and development (R&D) company creating innovative precision medicines targeting intractable cancers and autoimmune diseases.
The company has a dedicated team of over 350 people including highly educated scientists and skilled technicians working in its state-of-the-art R&D and GMP manufacturing facilities in Nijmegen.
What can you expect?
- You receive a scholarship of €6000 a year for a period of three years when receiving good grades in the standard study programme.
- You get to know Byondis and will learn all about the R&D process of innovative medicines through company visits and guided tours.
- You talk to professionals, hear about their education and career, and get to know what their daily activities are.
- You get support from a Byondis mentor during the scholarship.
- Eligible countries or regions
- Duration of scholarship
- 3 years
- Maximum financing
- Involved faculty
- Faculty of Science
If you would like to apply for the scholarship, you must fulfil the following conditions:
- You need to apply to the Molecular Life Sciences, Chemistry or Science programme at Radboud University for the upcoming academic year.
- You have received a vwo diploma that fulfils the admission requirements for the participating Bachelor's programme before 1 September. This diploma was received at an institution located in the Netherlands.
- You have earned at least an 8.0 (Dutch grading system) on your final grade list in each of the following subjects: chemistry, mathematics B, and physics.
When submitting your application for the scholarship, you are required to include the following documents (in PDF):
- A letter of motivation explaining why you have chosen to study this Bachelor's programme and why you are applying for the scholarship.
- A CV which shows, in addition to your school career, the extracurricular activities you have participated in.
- A preliminary list of your grades. After your examinations, you must send us your official grades.
- Your profile paper (in Dutch: Profielwerkstuk).
- A letter of recommendation from your high school teacher of chemistry (desirable, not required).
Amount of scholarship
You receive a scholarship of €6000 a year over the course of three years if you receive good grades in the standard study programme.
How to apply
Would you like to apply or do you need more information? Get in touch with Gerrie Coppens via e-mail at gerrie.coppens [at] ru.nl.
You need to submit all your documents before 4 June. Your application will not be processed if you do not meet these requirements or are unable to submit all required documents before the deadline.
A maximum of six candidates will receive an invitation for an interview, which will take place in June. In the interview you can show your personality and motivation, and you can answer a question from Byondis that you can prepare in advance. Within a week, you will hear whether you have been selected for the Byondis grant.