When you want to attend a (digital) conference, congress or symposium abroad, you may be eligible for financial support from Radboud University's Profiling Fund. This is only possible if that event is closely linked to your study programme and you are contributing to the congress.
- Eligible countries or regions
- All EU/EEA countries, All non-EU/non-EEA countries
- Duration of scholarship
- 1 - 3 dagen
- Maximum financing
- Coverage of scholarship
- Partial scholarship
- Faculty involved
- Faculty of Law, Nijmegen School of Management, Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Faculty of Social Sciences, Faculty of Science
- You are registered as a full-time student at Radboud University (also during the congress)
- The conference is relevant to your study
- The conference is taking place abroad
- You are not receiving any other grant from Radboud University for the same period
- Your study advisor approves of your participation, by means of a signed letter confirming that the participation is relevant to your study.
Digital conference grant
To encourage sustainability and international experiences from home, you can apply for a conference grant if the conference is hosted digitally.
- The conference must be organized by a foreign institution;
- You are eligible for a maximum of €75,- per day, with a maximum of the registration fee and a maximum of 3 days;
- The general conditions for the conference grant remain the same, but you must also submit proof of the paid registration fee.
€120 per day for a congress outside Europe (maximum 3 days)
It's not possible to ask for an advance for a congress grant. There is no limit to the number of times you can apply for the congress grant.
How to apply
If you meet all the condition, you can start up an application procedure with us.
- Fill in the web form (if there are problems with Firefox, try a different browser)
- Once you have submitted the web form, you will receive an email from us, roughly one working day later, containing the Grant Agreement and a 'declaration of permission' form. You should then send the following documents, before the congress starts, to studentexchange [at] ru.nl (studentexchange[at]ru[dot]nl):
- The Grant Agreement, signed by you. Read that document carefully: it contains the conditions of the grant.
- A declaration of permission form, filled in and signed, from your study advisor at Radboud University or your faculty’s International Office. The declaration form should indicate the relevance of the project for your study. This declaration will also be sent to you by email after you have completed the web form.
Once we have received the documents, it can take around 5 working days for us to process them. As soon as we've processed the documents, we'll send you an email about your application and whether it's been approved.
How to complete the application
After the conference is finished, we would like to receive within one month, through studentexchange [at] ru.nl (studentexchange[at]ru[dot]nl), the following document:
- Proof of participation (name badge, for example, or a certificate of participation).
Important: the proof of participation must be sent within one month from the end of the congress. If you are going to be travelling after the congress, it's your responsibility to see that the document is submitted on time.
Once we have received the proof of participation, and as long as you meet the conditions, we will send you a definite confirmation of allocation of the grant by email as soon as possible. The amount of the grant will then be transferred to your bank account within 4 weeks.
Premature termination of stay abroad
If, due to special circumstances, you are obliged to cut short your stay abroad, through no fault of your own, please get in touch with us through: studentexchange [at] ru.nl (studentexchange[at]ru[dot]nl)
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with Student Life and International Mobility through studentexchange [at] ru.nl (studentexchange[at]ru[dot]nl)