Short Stay Grant Faculty of Arts
Do you study at the Faculty of Arts and want to participate in a summer/winter school or other short-term course(s) at an institute abroad? Then you may be eligible for an allowance towards your costs.
A maximum of 15 Short Stay grants are available annually for the Faculty of Arts. Applications are processed in order of receipt, so be on time with your application!
- Eligible countries or regions
- All EU/EEA countries, All non-EU/non-EEA countries
There are certain conditions you must meet to be eligible for this Short Stay grant:
- You are enrolled as a (full-time) student at the Faculty of Arts;
- Your stay abroad lasts at least 5 days (consecutive);
- The programme takes place abroad;
- You receive credits for the (short) stay abroad;
- You have not received a Short Stay grant before;
- You will leave in more than 2 weeks*;
* A requirement for a grant application is that it has been submitted fully online at least 2 weeks before departure and the necessary documents have been sent to Student Life and International Mobility. If this is not the case, you will not be eligible for the grant. If there is a special reason for the late application, please contact us by e-mail at studentexchange [at] ru.nl. We will then discuss your situation and then notify you whether a delayed deadline is possible.
Amount of scholarship
This grant consists of an amount of up to €375 per week for a Short Stay within Europe, and an amount of up to €500 per week for a Short Stay outside Europe. The scholarship amount you eventually receive is calculated based on the number of days you participate in the programme. You can receive an allowance for a maximum of 2 weeks.
How to apply
- Start your application for a stay abroad via your Osiris account. Once this application has been granted (conditionally) by your faculty's International Office, you will automatically receive an e-mail with further instructions on your grant application.
- The e-mail with further instructions on the scholarship application contains a link to a web form. Fill in this web form completely, and click 'submit'.
- Once you have submitted the web form, you will receive an e-mail from us with the Grant Agreement and Letter of Approval approximately after one working day. Then send the following documents to studentexchange [at] ru.nl no later than two weeks before the start of your exchange:
- The Grant Agreement, signed by yourself. Please read this document carefully! It contains the terms and conditions of the grant application.
- A completed and signed letter of approval from your faculty's International Office, indicating the relevance of the project to your studies.
- Once we have processed the documents, we will send you an e-mail about your application with a possible acceptance. It may take about 5 working days for your documents to be processed.
Need an advance on your Short Stay grant?
If desired, you can receive an advance of 75% of your scholarship amount in your bank account. If this is your preference, please indicate this on the web form. You will receive the rest of the scholarship after the end of your foreign stay, as soon as you have submitted the final documents and fulfilled all conditions.
Completion of the Short Stay grant application
After the end of your foreign stay, we would like to receive the following documents within one month after the end, via studentexchange [at] ru.nl:
- A certificate of participation
- An online student report with photos of your experience. You will receive the link to this report via e-mail a few weeks before the end of your stay.