You can use FACE Self-Service to place your own orders for catering and coffee catering packs.
FACE Self-Service Manual: Catering and coffee catering packs
Log in with your personnel number and RU password
The title in the top left of the home screen will show you which screen you are in. This screen includes your FACE Self-Service orders for catering and coffee catering packs from the current date, and are sorted by date. This list does not include cancelled orders or orders for which the start date has passed.
- To view orders that have already been filled or reservations that have been made, or orders or reservations that were not created via FACE Self-Service, please go to the Overzicht reserveringen en opdrachten (Reservation and Order Overview). For further information, please refer to https://face.ru.nl/case/01/P_002 and the accompanying manual.
- Any catering order that has been linked to the reservation for a meeting room (via FACE Self-Service) can be found under the corresponding reservation. For further information, please refer to https://face.ru.nl/case/01/RES_Lijst and the accompanying manual.
- After 30 minutes of inactivity, this screen will time out and you will need to log in again to continue.
Home screen features
- ‘i’: click ‘here’ to open or close the search window. The various filter criteria can be entered here. If any of your orders are missing from the overview and the filter criteria window is collapsed, click ‘here’ to check your filter criteria.
- The order details for your FACE Self-Service order include the following:
- Nummer (Number): this is your unique FACE work order system number. This number will also be shown on your order confirmation.
- Omschrijving (Description): this is the description that you have given.
- Startdatum/-tijd (Start date and start time): this is the start date and start time that you have specified.
- Einddatum/-tijd (End date and end time): this is the end date and end time that you have specified.
- Gebouw (Building): this is the code and name of the building where the order will be delivered.
- Ruimte (Room): this is the number and name of the room where the order will be delivered.
- Status (Status): this is the status of your order in the FACE work order system’s workflow. New FACE Self-Servic requests are given the status ‘registered’. Once the front office has reviewed your order and accepted it, its status will be changed to ‘in progress’ and you will receive an email confirmation. This will normally happen within half a workday.
- ‘Toevoegen’ (Add): click the arrow to the left of the ‘Toevoegen’ button. You can then select the type of order that you wish to place. You will also need to specify whether you wish to place a cateringorder met bediening (a catering order with waiting staff) or a cateringorder zonder bediening (a catering order without waiting staff). The reason for this is that the catering package that you order and the handling of the order process are dependent on whether or not you wish to use waiting staff.
- Once you have made your selection, click on the ‘Toevoegen’ button; this will then open the screen where you can fill in your details.
Entering your order details
You are now at the screen where you can fill in your order details. Fields marked with * are mandatory. If you wish to terminate the order process without logging out, click on Annuleren (Cancel) at the bottom of the screen.
- Gegevens aanvrager (Requester’s details):
- Melder (Notifier): this is your employee number under which the order will be registered
- Klant (Customer): select your faculty or unit.
Tip No. 1: Typing part of a name will bring up a short drop-down list.
Tip No. 2: Try to remember your number. When it comes to Radboud University’s departments, the last digits of the customer number correspond to the first digits of the budget code.
- Budgetgegevens RU (Radboud University budget data): fill in your cost centre, specification or project code here.
- Budgetgegevens UMC (University medical center budget data): Radboudumc customers can fill in their cost center here.
- Gegevens aanvrager (Requester’s details):
Entering general information
This general information is followed by the section that contains the information that will be used to fulfil the order.
- Omschrijving (Description): this is the name of the event.
- Gebouw (Building): this is the building where the event will take place.
Tip: Typing part of a name will bring up a short drop-down list.
- Etage (Floor): this is the floor of the building where the event will take place; click on the symbol to the right of the field to select the floor.
- Ruimte (Room): this is the room where the event will take place; click on the symbol to the right of the field to select the room.
- Plaatsaanduiding (Location specification): further specification of the location, if any
- Startdatum/-tijd (Start date and start time): this is the start date and start time of the event; the first available time slot that complies with the relevant order period should initially be filled in here. The date of the event must be a workday. If you choose a time that does not comply with the order period, you will receive an error message. You can contact the front office to discuss whether we are still able to accept the order.
- Einddatum/-tijd (End date and end time): this is the approximate end date and end time of the event.
- Aantal personen (Number of persons): this is the number of persons who will be attending the event.
- Toelichting (Comments): the comments field should be used for any information that could not be entered in any other fields. Dietary requirements and other details may be specified here. If you would like the order to be repeated, this may also be specified here. Once you have filled in the repeat pattern for your order, the front office will ensure that your order is repeated in accordance with your specifications.
Lastly, fill in the required quantities of the items that you wish to order. You must select at least one item. Any delivery costs will be automatically generated.
- Aantal (Quantity): this is the required quantity of the item that you wish to order.
- Producteenheid (Product unit): this refers to your items and whether they are to be ordered on a per head or per item basis.
- A number must be entered for at least one item
- Only positive numbers and zero are permitted
- A negative number will automatically be converted to a positive number
- An initial value of 0 will not be automatically overwritten, so be sure to check the number that you have entered.
- Omschrijving (Description): this is the name of the item. For more information, see: http://www.ru.nl/facilitairbedrijf/horeca/catering/cateringgids-0/
- Artikelprijs (Item price): this is the price per unit
- Kosten excl. BTW (Costs excluding VAT): this is the total amount for this item (quantity x price). VAT does not apply to in-house orders and orders placed by Radboudumc.
The total amount of your order will be shown below the list of items.
Click 'Verzenden' (Submit) to place your order, which will then be submitted to the front office for review. The number and ‘registered’ status will subsequently be displayed on the home screen. Once the front office has reviewed your order and accepted it, its status will be changed to ‘in progress’ and you will receive an email confirmation.
Checking, changing or cancelling an order
If you wish to check, change or cancel an order, select your order from the list on the home screen by clicking on it. The information that you have filled in will then be displayed. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the following:
- Wijzigen (Change): you can change your order details in the same way as described in the instructions above. Once you have made your changes, your order status in the FACE work order system will be changed to ‘registered’. Once the front office has reviewed your order and accepted it, its status will be changed to ‘in progress’ and you will once again receive an email confirmation. This will normally happen within half a workday. Any changes that are made outside the order period will be automatically blocked. You may contact the front office about this matter.
- Terug (Go back): click this button to return to the home screen without making any changes
- Verwijderen opdracht (Delete order): clicking on this button will cancel your order. The front office will then send you a cancellation confirmation. This will normally happen within half a workday. If you have cancelled your order by accident, please contact the front office to undo the cancellation.