Radboud University takes pride in its many student organisations; they make for a lively campus and help students to connect with each other and Nijmegen. If you would like to set up a student organisation or project, follow these steps.
Setting up a student organisation or a project
Step 1: Explain your idea
- If you wish to organise a one-off event, then you will need to set up a project. If you wish to set up an enduring entity, then you will need to set up an organisation.
- You will first need to check that the idea for your project or organisation has not already been put into practice in Nijmegen. Contact someone at the university who is currently working on the theme on which you wish to base your project or organisation or take a look at the list of student organisations.
- Find out if there are enough students who are enthusiastic about your idea. Ask your friends if they know of a similar project or organisation that has been successful in other cities. Or organise a similar small-scale event and see how many students it attracts.
Step 2: Put your idea into practice
- Describe your objective and target group, and draw up a communication plan and a budget. You will also need to outline how your project or organisation will be accessible to everyone (diversity and inclusion) and which steps you intend to take to ensure that your project or organisation is sustainable.
Discuss your plans with Student Life. You can make an appointment by sending an email to slim [at] ru.nl.
Step 3: Get started
When you set up a project, you will need to:
- Assemble a team.
- Seek collaboration with a university team or department. Team Student Life & International Mobility can help you with this.
- Request funding from the team or department or apply for a subsidy from the Radboud Student Fund.
When you set up an organisation, you will need to:
- Choose an organisational form (association or foundation) that is compatible with your objective. Team Student Life & International Mobility can help you with this.
- Appoint a founding board with a chair, secretary and treasurer.
- Set up your association or foundation. For this purpose, you will need to visit the notary and register your association or foundation with the Chamber of Commerce.
- Open a business bank account.
- Apply for a start-up subsidy from Student Life.