Dr S.C.H. André (Stéfanie)
Assistant professor - Public Administration
6500 HK NIJMEGEN
Stéfanie André is an Assistant Professor and Master Coordinator at the Department of Public Administration at the Radboud University working on "the (un)intended consequences of policy". She leads the interfaculty consortium WORKLIFE on work-life balance, is vice-chair of the Radboud Women Faculty Network Halkes and researches household task division and work pressure among parents during the covid-19 pandemic in the COGIS-NL research project. In 2021 she became researcher of the year for the Nijmegen School of Management.
Her research project "Fathers Combining Work and Care" won the 2022 NWO-VENI grant. In this project she researchers how men translate their work-care ambition in work-care behaviour and how organizational factors influence this relationship. In her earlier project FLAME "Flexible work Arrangements among MEn" she focused on the (in)voluntary part-time and full-time working of men and how they combine this with care. She was also awarded the NWO-XS grant in 2023 on the project "Who's your daddy?" to explore the role models of fathers and what enables them to use leave policies.
In November 2017 she succesfully defended her PhD Thesis: "The two sides of homeownership: security and insecurity. A comparative approach to the effects of housing tenure and housing wealth on political attitudes, political behavior and subjective wellbeing” at Tilburg University. Before she obtained Bachelor degrees in Sociology and Political Science, a master degree in Comparative Politics and a Research Master degree in Social Cultural Sciences (major Sociology).
- André, S., Volker, B., & Reeskens, T. (eds). (2022). Sociologie en de pandemie. Inzichten en vooruitblik na twee jaar coronacrisis. Tilburg University Open Press. Full text
- Petts, R., André, S., Carlson, D., Chung, H., Milkie, M., Remery, C., Scheibling, C., Shafer, K,, & Yerkes, M.A. (2022). Fathers stepping up? A cross-national comparison of fathers’ domestic labor and parents’ satifcaction with the division of domestic labor during the COVID-19 pandemic. Journal of Family Studies (In Press). Full text
- Yerkes, M.A., Remery, C., André, S., Salin, M., Hakovirta, M., & van Gerven, M. (2022) Unequal but balanced. A comparison of high-educated mothers in Finland and the Netherlands. Journal of European Social Policy, 32(4), 376-392 Full text
- Redaelli, M., van Engen, M., & André, S. (2022). The impact of covid-19 on parental burnout of Italian parents. Frontiers in Psychology 13. Full text
- André, S. (2021). Coronacrisis zorgt voor toegenomen werkdruk ouders, vooral bij moeders. Tijdschrift voor Bedrijfs- en Verzekeringsartsen 29(4): 14-17 Full text
H index: 13
Research grants and prizes
- 2023 - NWO XS grant - Who’s your daddy? The intergenerational paternal transmission of work-care ambitions and behaviours. More information
- 2022 - NWO VENI grant for research project "How fathers combine work and care". More information
- 2021 - Researcher of the Year - Nijmegen School of Management
- 2019 - Radboud Network Female Professors Jubileeprize (2019) for the social sciences (gamma)> More information
- 2019 - Radboud Interfaculty Grant for the WORKLIFE consortium. More information
- 2022 - 2026 NWO-VENI Fathers combining work and care More information
- 2020 - 2023 COGIS-NL Gender inequalities in times of the COVID-19 pandemic More information
- 2020 - 2024 Interfaculty consortium WORKLIFE More information
- 2018 - 2021 FLAME "FLexible work Arrangements among MEn". Research project on (in)voluntary part-time and full-time work of men, the consequences of change in partner leave and how men combine work and care.
- 2018 - 2019 European Social Survey in the Netherlands: Round 9 (2018-2019) More information
- 02 February 2023 - Presentation 'Teacher shortage' project at Ministry of Education, Culture and Science
- 26 May 2022 - Taakverdeling man en vrouw thuis weer hetzelfde als voor corona. More information
- 06 May 2022 - Hybride werken verdwijnt niet meer More information
- 28 February 2022 - Terug naar kantoor of blijven thuiswerken? Hiervoor moet je waken als werkende ouder. De Volkskrant 28 februari 2022. More information
- 24 September 2021 - Interviewed in the Volkskrant More information