Dr I.V. Aronstein (Irene)
Employee - Private Law
6525 HR NIJMEGEN
6500 KK NIJMEGEN
Irene Aronstein is secretary to the board of the Business & Law Research Centre. In addition, as a researcher at the Business & Law Research Centre, Irene Aronstein carries out research concerning the concrete legal consequences of infringements of Union law in legal relationships between private parties. In December 2019 she defended her PhD thesis, titled 'Remedies for infringements of EU law in legal relationships between private parties'.Research theme
- The impact of European Union law in legal relationships between private parties.
- Radboud Business Law Institute
- I.V. Aronstein, Remedies for infringements of EU law in legal relationships between private parties (Deventer: Wolters Kluwer 2019) (PhD)
- I.V. Aronstein, 'Wo viel Licht ist, ist starker Schatten? Het recht op een effectieve (civiele) remedie naar Unierecht', Maandblad voor Vermogensrecht 2019, nummer 7/8, pp. 235-245. Full text
- I.V. Aronstein, 'Vlees noch vis', in: C.J.H. Jansen, M.M.C. van de Moosdijk & R.W.E. van Leuken (red.), Nijmeegs Europees Privaatrecht. Liber amicorum Carla Sieburgh, Kluwer: Deventer 2018
- I.V. Aronstein, ‘The principle of proportionality in legal relationships between private parties: its versatility and its bottlenecks’, in: Hartkamp, Sieburgh & Keus (red.), The influence of EU law on national private law (Deventer: Kluwer 2014), pp. 251-269.
- I.V. Aronstein, ‘De rol van het evenredigheidsbeginsel in het Europees en Nederlands privaatrecht’, WPNR 2011/6901, pp. 816-822.
Research grants and prizes
- 2019 - Niels Stensen Fellowship More information
Irene Aronstein is involved in post-graduate education. In 2015 she set up a (annual) two-day course for legal practitioners concerning the influence of Union law on legal relationships between private parties, focusing on those aspects of this influence that are directly relevant to current civil law practice.
(01 January 2015)
Centre for Professional Legal Education (CPO)
Since 2019 Irene Aronstein teaches presentation skill trainings to (amongst others) students in the Law in Action programme.
(01 January 2019)